Asus s1-at5nm10e
As there seems to be no thread for this little barebone, I would like to start one.

you can get some further information here:
ConnectionPros.com
Asus

Is anyone already using this one? I'm very interested in some reviews!

Kind regards
Larry_Lobster
There is no optic audio out. Why Asus Smile
Schumi Wrote:There is no optic audio out. Why Asus Smile

I don't need an optic audio out. Wink
Beside the layout, the specs are more or less similar to the AT5iont-i-deluxe, including the price. The heatsink looks cheapish, and 2x 60mm fans probably spins at 25-30db.
Torroa Wrote:Beside the layout, the specs are more or less similar to the AT5iont-i-deluxe, including the price. The heatsink looks cheapish, and 2x 60mm fans probably spins at 25-30db.

Are you sure they are 60mm? Thought it's 50mm. And you are right: Seems to be a AT5iont-i-deluxe put into a case...

Anyway: 199 € is cheaper than buying a AT5iont-i Deluxe and a case...

Edit: You are right: 60mm. Maybe you have to replace the fans. Noiseblocker offers 11dB 60mm fans.
Larry_Lobster Wrote:Are you sure they are 60mm? Thought it's 50mm. And you are right: Seems to be a AT5iont-i-deluxe put into a case...

Anyway: 199 € is cheaper than buying a AT5iont-i Deluxe and a case...

Edit: You are right: 60mm. Maybe you have to replace the fans. Noiseblocker offers 11dB 60mm fans.

Yeah, the 200 € Deluxe version of the AT5iont is still not awailabe, might be that Asus will just skip that board when this S1 barebone is a direct competitor. It is however more flexible, and is why I got the non-deluxe version.
Torroa Wrote:Yeah, the 200 € Deluxe version of the AT5iont is still not awailabe, might be that Asus will just skip that board when this S1 barebone is a direct competitor. It is however more flexible, and is why I got the non-deluxe version.

The barebone includes all the components I need (inlcudif WiFi and IR receiver), so it's the perfect solution for me... IF, yes IF, the fans are not too loud. I just can't find any review. The barebone seems to be too new.
Yes, it does sound like a great deal. The Asrock, Zbox or the Dell thing gets too expensive and too noisy. If the IR is RC6 compatible, and the fans are quiet..or can be tweaked by something like speedfan. A Wifi dongle is just 10 €, but it is nice to have everything in a box.

I can not understand why someone wants to spend several hundred Euros on a HTPC, when a sub 200€ does the job just as well, and much quieter and less power hungry. The XBMC Live is is optimized for ION/ION2, which should say it all..
Can not believe that these are not more popular. In australia they are about $100 cheaper than any of the other ION2 based barebones systems.

Is there any reason not to get one of these?
leigh_munro Wrote:Can not believe that these are not more popular. In australia they are about $100 cheaper than any of the other ION2 based barebones systems.

Is there any reason not to get one of these?

I will get my S1 today.... I paid 290 Euro for the S1 + 1,5 TB WD Caviar Green + 2 GB Kingston RAM. Extremely cheap, I think!
Larry_Lobster Wrote:I will get my S1 today.... I paid 290 Euro for the S1 + 1,5 TB WD Caviar Green + 2 GB Kingston RAM. Extremely cheap, I think!

Keep us informed on how it goes for you... I want to get one myself, just waiting for some more positive reviews from the XBMC crowd...
I just got one. Plus 2 GBs of Kingston Memory and a 2GB SATA Flash drive. Should suffice.
Two of these fans are used: http://www.avc-europa.de/50x50x20.html

The 12H model is used...32,3 dB seems to be a lot, but I didn't start the machine so far.

And: The barebone comes with a dvd multi recorder.. I didn''t find that in any specifiaction, not even on the Asus website
I'm also interested in this PC. On page 34 of the manual (section 3-2) it has the motherboard layout which shows a header labelled SPDIF_OUT. Does anyone know if I would be able to connect to that to provide a coax digital audio output?
Larry_Lobster Wrote:I will get my S1 today.... I paid 290 Euro for the S1 + 1,5 TB WD Caviar Green + 2 GB Kingston RAM. Extremely cheap, I think!

Also extremely interested in performance from this box. And where did you buy at this price?.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus s1-at5nm10e0