Ubuntu 10.10 - good idea?
Hi guys,

I've been away form my media center/XBMC part of life for a little while, so just following up. Is it okay to use Ubuntu 10.10 (64-bit) for XBMC 10.0 (r35648)? Is there any reported problem as far as the version of Ubuntu v10.10 concerned in terms of running XBMC? Thanks in advance. cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
I use the newest released ubuntu. The kernel and alsa versions supported hdmi sound without all the hacks that were previously required
no prblem on 10.10, sir! just usb disk is not automatically mounted, but i suppose that solution will be found pretty soon.
The way LIRC is handled is completely different. It's what caused me to go back because I didn't want to deal with it and I spent a ton of time getting my LIRC layout working perfect.
Apart from the LIRC issue, is there any real advantage [or dis-advantage] upgrading to v10.10? Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
If you're just using it for XBMC there's really no advantage for you. If you use it as a workstation, it might have some compelling reasons to upgrade. http://digitizor.com/2010/10/10/ubuntu-1...reenshots/
If you want more of a light weight system, try Arch linux rather than Ubuntu. I highly recommend Arch.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
following this guide XBMCbuntu and installing maverik 10.10 server, after BIOS post, I've XBMC up and running in about 8 seconds Nerd (SSD hard drive). Thanks to debian, I think that dpkg/apt is one of the best package manager system I've tried.
EDIT: and my remote control works well thanks to this post [LINUX] HOW-TO to use iMON Remote on Ubuntu 10.10 with Linux input layer on Harmony

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 10.10 - good idea?0