XBMC becomes Unresponsive [debug log posted]
I am continuing to have difficulties with XBMC becoming unresponsive if I leave it run over night.

I have turned on detailed logging and attached the debug log.

http://pastebin.com/xeWUC8nd

I stopped using XBMC at about 10pm last night. The last entry in the debug log was about 10:30pm.

This morning XBMC was totally unresponsive but I was able to start up task manager. XBMC was listed in the task list but was consuming 0CPU. I was able to kill the task and restart it.

Appreciate any thoughts.
I can't tell from the log what caused the hang, but I have to wonder if you stopped using it at 10:00, who exited and restarted it at 10:25pm? Huh
-stoli-
That was me. Forgot the sequence of event. Before going to bed, I noticed that XBMC was unresponsive and restarted it. It was again unresponsive in the morning when I checked it out and had to restart it again.

There were no entries in the log after 20:31 so why did XBMC become unresponsive?

Any chance it be related to EventGhost?
Why is the last debug log entry at 10:30, when it was running all night? There should be some kind of shutting down entries the next morning, at least.

Edit: That question might not be very helpful.
How's the mem usage when it's unresponsive for xbmc.exe ? I've been seeing something similar but I'm on the SVN builds ... But my mem usage jumps to about 1gb for xbmc.exe
Johoja: I just had to downgrade from 10.0 to RC2 because of the problem you describe... if I leave XBMC running (over the night for instance) and look in the Task Manager I have memory usage of 1-1.4GB for the XBMC.exe -process.

I have 2GB of memory in my machine and never had an issue with high memory usage before going to 10.0. Now I can see the HDD-light flash constantly and my HTPC becomes very unresponsive... The RC2-downgrade eliminates this problem! I have no clue at all what causes this problem, if anyone know why or how to fix it I am all ears.

Other than that 10.0 seems very nice, a great achievment by the XBMC-team.
| Thermaltake DH101 | Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H | 2.13GHz INTEL Core2Duo E6400 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 5TB Storage | Integrated sound + nV7100 + MSI GT210 | WIN7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + Transparency! |
I am going to check if this is related to the "Sharethe.tv" -plugin like mentioned in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86430&page=9 could very well be the reason!
| Thermaltake DH101 | Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H | 2.13GHz INTEL Core2Duo E6400 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 5TB Storage | Integrated sound + nV7100 + MSI GT210 | WIN7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + Transparency! |
Dharma 10.0
Win 7

I'm seeing the same thing. After it ran unattended Sat-Mon it was stuck Monday with 1.7 gig of ram used. I tried it again last night after disabling all background add-ons (trakt, library updater, sharethe.tv, etc.) and from ~11:00 to 7.30am it consumed 780mb ram and was hung - had to kill the XBMC.exe process to get control back.

Logs split in two:
part 1: http://pastebin.ca/2026265
part 2: http://pastebin.ca/2026278

What appears to be really odd is after the screen saver (slideshow) stopped, there were continual queries run every minute:

Code:
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396494336   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetSetsNav query: SELECT sets.idSet,sets.strSet,COUNT(1) AS c,count(files.playCount) FROM sets JOIN setlinkmovie ON sets.idSet=setlinkmovie.idSet JOIN movie ON setlinkmovie.idMovie=movie.idMovie JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile  GROUP BY sets.idSet HAVING c>1
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396375552   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview WHERE movieview.idMovie NOT IN (SELECT idMovie FROM setlinkmovie s1 JOIN(SELECT idSet, COUNT(1) AS c FROM setlinkmovie GROUP BY idSet HAVING c>1) s2 ON s2.idSet=s1.idSet)
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396318208   DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 26
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396359168   DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 93

Why would it be doing that every minute non stop for hours?

Edit: Noticed that even though I disabled the sharethe.tv add-on it is still being loaded but not actually submitting anything?
-stoli-
Did anyone get a resolution to this. I am not using the Sharethe.tv addon.
I've noticed a "slowdown", that is XBMC gets unresponsive sometimes.
When navigating a video, or streaming folder, it takes about 20 seconds
before it responds.During this time, it's "frozen".

Shutting down/re-open XBMC doesn't help, only a re-boot fixes it.

(Win 7 64 bit, Dharma)
I haven't been able to duplicate the circumstance that cause the problem other than it usually happens after XBMC has not been used for several hours.

I tried enabling detailed logging to see if I could see something but there isn't much surprising in the logs.

How did the problem with sharethe.tv exhibit itself in the log file?
ijourneaux Wrote:I haven't been able to duplicate the circumstance that cause the problem other than it usually happens after XBMC has not been used for several hours.

I tried enabling detailed logging to see if I could see something but there isn't much surprising in the logs.

How did the problem with sharethe.tv exhibit itself in the log file?

I'm actually running into similar problems with Dharma 10.0:

1) It would freeze every time I stop/resume a movie
2) It would often freeze if I exit XBMC
3) The audio is out of whack. The vocal is very soft and I can hardly hear it.

After struggling for so many days with no solution, I finally downgraded to XBMC 9.11 and I'm much happier now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC becomes Unresponsive [debug log posted]0