How to Use 1st gen ATV remote w/XBMC?
Hello,

I'm new to both ATV and to XBMC. I am running to a problem when navigating around the XBMC menus to connect my ATV/XBMC to my movie library. The library works fine for a W7 PC.

When trying to add the movie source I can navigate to the SMB directory as expected, but once there, I can't figure out which button to press to select the directory. I want to somehow switch to the OK menu item below the list of directories and choose the selected directory.

I am just so close but can't figure out how to jump this hurdle. Thanks for your help!

-Bob
if I follow...when you are in the directory connected via smb you see a list of files and you then press left on the remote which should take you to the OK menu.
Yes, that works! Thanks. I am now able to view all my files.

Another navigation question. I need to know the equivalent key press that matches the "right click" of the mouse on my PC running XBMC. For instance, I have created two video sources that I now want to delete. I assume I would use this same remote control key press to access the menu for each individual file (shows "Queue item", "Play", "Add to favorites", etc).

Thanks!

-Bob
TiGmsm Wrote:Yes, that works! Thanks. I am now able to view all my files.

Another navigation question. I need to know the equivalent key press that matches the "right click" of the mouse on my PC running XBMC. For instance, I have created two video sources that I now want to delete. I assume I would use this same remote control key press to access the menu for each individual file (shows "Queue item", "Play", "Add to favorites", etc).

Thanks!

-Bob

That's the context menu - hold down the menu button for a second to get it.
mbetter Wrote:That's the context menu - hold down the menu button for a second to get it.

Thank you. This worked for me.

-Bob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Use 1st gen ATV remote w/XBMC?0