Settings?
Question 
I'm trying to find all the possible types for settings in settings.xml, in particular if there's a way to specify ip addresses, what I found so far are these (really few):
Code:
<setting id="server" type="string" label="50000" default="some string" />
<setting id="somebool" type="bool" label="50001" default="true" />
Could someone point me to a specification or provide some other examples?
iltasu Wrote:I'm trying to find all the possible types for settings in settings.xml, in particular if there's a way to specify ip addresses, what I found so far are these (really few):
Code:
<setting id="server" type="string" label="50000" default="some string" />
<setting id="somebool" type="bool" label="50001" default="true" />
Could someone point me to a specification or provide some other examples?

Here are a few:

type="file"
type="folders"
type="audio"
type="video"
type="labelenum"
type="enum"
type="text"
type="action"
type="date"
type="number"
type="ipaddress"
type="select"
type="image"
type="executable"
type="time"
type="fileenum"
type="slider"

I think these are all the setting types. Not positive on how to use all of them. GUIDialogAddonSettings.cpp has these values.
giftie Wrote:Here are a few:

[snip]

I think these are all the setting types. Not positive on how to use all of them. GUIDialogAddonSettings.cpp has these values.

thank you very much.
Does anyone know how to use a variable (i.e current working directory, version, author ...) in the settings?
I would like to avoid to duplicate and more importantly hard code such value in the settings.xml

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

I know for action - ie running xbmc built-ins - $CWD gets the current working directory. Not sure of any others.
Yes I have seen that in one of the Nuka's addons:
Code:
<setting label="30625" type="action" action="RunScript($CWD/resources/lib/utils.py,license)"/-->
But $CWD was not recognize otherwise. It is a shame because that would be very useful.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

I'm not sure if the 'special://' works in settings, never tried.

I know Nuka had submitted some patches that allow the settings.xm to be handled similar to how skin's xmls are handled. Hopefully these get added to XBMC..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings?0