Apple TV1 & Plex thru Dharma
I upgraded my XBMC to 10.0 Dharma, which I believe, should have had Plex.
There were none. How do add Plex?

For info, I am running ATV with XBMC.
Nollitv Wrote:I upgraded my XBMC to 10.0 Dharma, which I believe, should have had Plex.

no, XBMC shouldn't have plex, where did you hear that?

plex is a fork of XBMC and doesn't work on ATV
Nollitv Wrote:I upgraded my XBMC to 10.0 Dharma, which I believe, should have had Plex.

What's Plex ?
davilla Wrote:What's Plex ?

Big Grin
Amet Wrote:no, XBMC shouldn't have plex, where did you hear that?

plex is a fork of XBMC and doesn't work on ATV

Thank you Amet for responding. You know Amet, I have been searching for the reference form a search I did a few weeks back and having some difficulty finding it. If can recall, it seems that it was from a Wiki page.

So, are you saying surely there is no plug-in? I know one requirement for Plex is OS 10.5.
Maybe the better response is:

What is it you're trying to do that you think you need Plex to achieve? Plex is a different application, just like Quake is different to Unreal Tournament - they do similar things, but that's it.

So given that anything you can do with Plex you can probably do with XBMC, what are you actually trying to do?
Nollitv Wrote:Thank you Amet for responding. You know Amet, I have been searching for the reference form a search I did a few weeks back and having some difficulty finding it. If can recall, it seems that it was from a Wiki page.

wikileaks page? Smile

Nollitv Wrote:So, are you saying surely there is no plug-in?

I am about 140% sure that is the case

Nollitv Wrote:I know one requirement for Plex is OS 10.5.

and ATV1 is 10.4 derivative
defiler Wrote:Maybe the better response is:

What is it you're trying to do that you think you need Plex to achieve? Plex is a different application, just like Quake is different to Unreal Tournament - they do similar things, but that's it.

So given that anything you can do with Plex you can probably do with XBMC, what are you actually trying to do?

Thank you for asking. I got ATV Flash because I wanted XBMC and Boxee, with the hope of having MTV, CNN, ESPN3. How I could add these to XBMC?

Also, I have a 100inches 16:9 screen as well as an AV stereo and projector that convert my Apple TV to 1080p. However, the XBMC screen interface does not fit perfectly...some bleeding at the top and bottom...not much.
what can I do to resolve this?
davilla Wrote:what's plex ?

Big Grin
davilla Wrote:What's Plex ?

Plex(i)glass ...

philip
Please, can someone tell me how to add Mtv, CNN, and ESPN3 to Dharma. Thank you.
Can't say I've tried streaming anything other than BBC iPlayer, but try looking at the add-ons. I've not looked myself, but I believe there's a CNN add-on at least.
Nollitv Wrote:Please, can someone tell me how to add Mtv, CNN, and ESPN3 to Dharma. Thank you.

The CNN plug-in works just fine and can be found in the add-ons screen in XBMC Dharma.

Check this topic for the MTV add-on, I have no idea if it still works.

There is no ESPN3 add-on, and they're probably won't be one.
defiler Wrote:Can't say I've tried streaming anything other than BBC iPlayer, but try looking at the add-ons. I've not looked myself, but I believe there's a CNN add-on at least.

Thanks for responding. All that I have seen is Fox news, which I have enabled. There is a Jupiter Broadcasting and a CNET podcast but no CNN.

Developers, if you are reading this, can you add CNN, MTV, and ESPN3? Those are no longer available through Boxee. I recently bought the Apple TV1 as well as the Atv Flash for those add-on and was surprised to learn they are not available.
Philmatic Wrote:The CNN plug-in works just fine and can be found in the add-ons screen in XBMC Dharma.

Check this topic for the MTV add-on, I have no idea if it still works.

There is no ESPN3 add-on, and they're probably won't be one.

I clicked on the link above; it's no longer available or it's just a bad link. In my add-on, there is no CNN, just CNET Podcast.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV1 & Plex thru Dharma0