Added new INTERNAL HD to XBMC Live but not getting it mounted
All,

i am sorry if this is already easily found somewhere else. I tried searching but could not find how to do this properly.

I have installed XBMC Live 10.0 onto an old PC.
All went well and I can scrape the media on the internal HD

Then I had another HD full of media. I added that as a slave (IDE) and the computer itself states it is there (BIOS provides OK).

However, i cannot find it when trying to setup the media. How do I get it permenently mountedHuh

I am a total newbie to Linux so I need step by step guidance. I installed XBMC Live for my sister and thought it was quick and neat and takes not much resources. So far so good but once I added the second harddrive I just get all over frustrated so pleeeeease help with either a link to step by step ways of doing this in version 10 or just let me know what needs to be done.

So far I have not been successful. I tried the wiki and the chmod +x and so on. No resolution.

Please help

Update:Once you post something to the forum then the solution suddenly pops up. In this case from evin. Not sure why i was not able to find that thread previous... apologies.
Here is a copy from his thread on the solution

Mounting harddrives:

1, Know, what you want to mount

Code:
sudo fdisk -lIt will shows you your Harddisks, for example "/dev/sdc1"

2, Create a mount-point

Code:
sudo mkdir /media/YOUR_DESIRED_FOLDERNAMEIt's a simple folder, where you can find the content of your drive.

3, Edit /etc/fstab

Code:
sudo cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab_backup
sudo nano /etc/fstabMount the drives permanently.
Add a line at the end:
/dev/sdc1 /media/YOUR_DESIRED_FOLDERNAME ext3 defaults 0 0

• ext3 = your filesystem
• the entries are separated through TAB
• save with CTRL+O
• exit with CTRL+X

4, Mount drives

Code:
sudo mount -a5, Set permissions

Code:
sudo chown -R xbmc:xbmc /media/YOUR_DESIRED_FOLDERNAME
sudo chmod -R 777 /media/YOUR_DESIRED_FOLDERNAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added new INTERNAL HD to XBMC Live but not getting it mounted0