HOW-TO watch Live TV within XBMC if you are living in the Ziggo area in Holland
Thumbs Up 
Dutch cable provider Ziggo supplies quite some streams, which can be used within XBMC to watch live tv. The quality isn't great, but it works quite OK Smile
To save you all the trouble of creating the needed files:

http://www.file-hunter.com/tv.rar

Just download this small file (2 kbyte) and unrar it to a directory which can be read by the XBMC file browser (I just made a TV directory in the same DIR where my TV series are located)
This will give you a bunch of .STRM files which can be opened by XBMC, so you can watch these channels LIVE.

Channels included: NED1, NED2, NED3, RTL8, SBS6, NET5, Veronica, TMF, MTV, Discovery and some more...

Warnings:

* This ONLY works for people with a Ziggo internet account!
* Not all Dutch channels are available (RTL4 for example is missing)
* This service is also down from time to time, so keep this in mind
* I don't run this service, so I can't help if it's down Smile Smile

Anyway, just enjoy it! It works quite nicely!

/edit/
If a MOD reads this: I posted this here, as I can't find a real suitable sub-forum for this. Maybe it can be usefull for the TIPS & Tricks section?
Simply works, thanks!

ps. Where do you get the sources of the streams please, or how can I check if there are new streams provided by Ziggo please?
pooh Wrote:Simply works, thanks!

ps. Where do you get the sources of the streams please, or how can I check if there are new streams provided by Ziggo please?

Ziggo has a small program that you can use to watch online TV. That's where these streams come from.
I'd wish though they would change to h264 instead of wma3. And the 1,1mbit VBR for image and 96kbit for sound could also do with a bit more Smile
Anyway... it's an easy way to integrate a TV function in XBMC for people living in the Ziggo service area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO watch Live TV within XBMC if you are living in the Ziggo area in Holland0