XBMC fullscreen problem
I've got a weird problem with XBMC when it goes into fullscreen. It seems to start rendering about 1/7th of the way down the screen. My screen resolution is 1280x720@60hz. When XBMC isn't running my desktop is displayed fine at this resolution.

Also, the screen is shifted down like this even if I connect to the machine over VNC while XBMC is fullscreen. It doesn't look like an over/underscan problem.

If I adjust the video calibration in XBMC settings, XBMC still will not draw anything in the top 1/7th of the screen.

When I change the resolution to 1024x768 via XBMC then the output is positioned properly.

I installed XBMC from the Ubuntu PPA, the version installed according to dpkg.log is:
2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1

Here's my graphics card from lspci

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrate
d Graphics Controller (rev 02)

This is a fresh and updated install of Ubuntu 10.0 64bit.

Here's my xbmc.log (with debugging) when XBMC starts in fullscreen
http://pastebin.com/Vk2ya5qP

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Here's a screenshot (I'm using the Alaska Revisited skin, but this happens regardless of which skin I pick)

Also, I tried this with and without desktop effects turned on, it made no difference.

This problem also occurs with Boxee, though not if I use Movie Player in full screen.
Bump. Anyone? Has this even happened to anyone else before? Am I just missing something really obvious?
maybe theres some weird stuff going on with your hw cables ?

How do you connect your xbmc to TV, hdmi straight to TV or trough a recevier ?
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Check XBMC's video calibration.
@The-BoxHead: I connect using a VGA cable. Do you think it could be a problem with the cable when this problem only occurs with XBMC? When XBMC isn't running the display is fine. I typically use VLC to play videos in lieu of XBMC, for instance.

@bobo1on1: I've tried that. Unfortunately as I attempt to move or stretch the picture upwards, the XBMC UI it just disappears behind the black bar at the top.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC fullscreen problem0