Drobo Pro FS for a NAS?
Beer40oz Wrote:The Synology DS1511+ looks awesome and don't mind to spend $800 on it + HD's.... To me it's nice that I can just plug and play and forget it about it. If I built something and it does not go right I will get so frustrated for spending the money on it.

@voip-ninja please let us know how you like it when you get it up and running.

P.S. Even the Synology DS710+ it's pretty cool if you want to start small and then grow with it.

I will update this thread when I get it set up. I have 5x2TB Seagate LP drives to put in it and am looking forward to some rocketship speeds.

I'm also stoked that they support 3TB drives already, so in a year or two when I use up the whole thing I should be able to start swapping 2TB disks for 3TB models and get more storage, or buy the DX510 5-bay add on and simply add more capacity that way.

Keep in mind that to add more capacity to the DS710+ you have to buy the DX510 for $499. Also the DS710+ does not support all the features, etc.

If you are interested in something smaller than the DS1511+ I would look at the 411+. It is not expandable past 4 drives but you could probably pull the four disks out later and migrate them to a bigger Synology unit and the volume would still be readable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Drobo Pro FS for a NAS?0