Extract video/audio metadata from DVD-Video & Blu-ray ISO images for Media Flagging?
Lightbulb 
As I understand it, the current state of metadata extraction in XBMC (As of Dharma) is that XBMC currently does not peek inside .ISO files to determine the video and audio codecs used, resolution or various other flags. The reasoning behind this is unclear, but as more and more users are utilizing complete disc images for both DVD and Blu-Ray, is it possible to reconsider this limitation?

I currently have a 100% ISO based library (396 DVD ISOs and 42 Blu-Ray's), and XBMC does not extract metadata for these files until after I've played them (At least for the DVD's, as XBMC does not yet support Blu-Ray ISO, but that is changing soon).

I realize that parsing a UDF ISO and extracting metadata is an expensive routine, so I propose that a option be added to the "Set Content" dialog, something along the lines of "Perform deep metadata extraction" and it would default off. However, if enabled, the library scanning would peek into each ISO file, find the main title and extract all the relevant meta data and store it in the XBMC database.

Another less intensive option is to support flagging in the nfo file, because frankly, modifying our movies filenames with format and codec information is just lame. Rolleyes
+1 if its possible.
+1 my database is 100% ISO as well
+1 95% or so ISO library here!
Bump
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Submitted as a feature request to track as ticket #11717.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Would love to see this happen.
85% ISO.
15% MKV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extract video/audio metadata from DVD-Video & Blu-ray ISO images for Media Flagging?1