[How-to] Opening the Giada N20 to replace HDD or memory
Took me nearly an hour to figure this out so I thought I'd share how I did it.

The first tricky part was finding out that they hide 2 screws under the 2 round stickers on the back of the unit. My guess is you'll void warranty by removing those stickers. Though they just seem to be quality control stickers.

Open the eSATA cover flap at the top of the unit and use the little lip to help pry the lid off. Pull hard, it is stuck down pretty good. But be careful, there are WiFi antennas on both the top and bottom panels. The top panel antenna is about 4-5" long to work with and is at the front face of the unit.

Next remove the 4 screws holding down the motherboard to the back panel. Also remove the 2 VGA Post screws. You will not be able to remove the motherboard with those 2 VGA screws still installed.

Flip the motherboard over and remove 3 hdd screws. Be careful, the second WiFi antenna is attached to the bottom and is a little shorter.

That's it! Hope this helps someone. It sure took me a long time to figure out. Didn't want to break anything. Also, the memory slot is on the bottom of the motherboard.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I wasn't planning on posting how to do this :o

Cheers
thanks a bunch, was wondering where the RAM was also Smile
Thank you so much !!!!

Thanks to you, I was able to replace all by myself my old Sata hard drive with a SSD.

Very good advices !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How-to] Opening the Giada N20 to replace HDD or memory0