[LIVE] Noob needs Network help?
Hi

Just got a Foxconn Nt330i today - downloaded the latest XBMC Live and created a bootable USB stick - it ran great straight from it - a couple of tweaks to the sound set up etc and all was fine.

Then wanted to install to another attached USB drive to boot straight into XBMC (and give more of an appliance feel) - XBMC loads up but then finds no network details at all - I get an Error: Connection timed out when adding sources from my NAS?

Not sure why it all runs fine from 1st USB drive but not when installed to the 2nd??
To me it sounds like you have the first USB drive as a purely "Live", while your second is an installation of Live from the first USB drive?

- Did you setup the network differently on the 2nd drive?

- How do you define the source when adding the source?

- Is the machine name is not the same on both USB drives and if you also define in your NAS who has access to the share maybe the 2nd drive wont get access?

- Are you able to connect to internet while running from the 2nd drive?

Frank, Norway
Thanks for the reply - I set it up exactly the same with both drives - in fact the same way I have with a laptop and a Mac also in my house - it worked fine 3 out of 4Huh

Anyway - I've given up now - downloaded the latest XBMCFreak Live installed it to SD and it works perfectly from the get go Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Noob needs Network help?0