[LINUX-LIVE?] mountall: Disconnected from plymouth when mounting nfs share in fstab
I did a clean install of ubuntu 10.04 server amd64 and then followed the article on how to install XBMCbunt in the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMCbuntu

I did steps 3, 4, 5 (method 1), reboot, 6, 7, 8.3 (also lcdproc for an imonlcd) and 9.7.

When doing that I encounter no errors. Smooth install and everything works fine.

After that I remove;

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails

and I add the following to my fstab;

192.168.1.201:/home/xbmc/.xbmc /home/xbmc/xbmcdata nfs _netdev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

/home/xbmc/.xbmc is an export on another machine that also runs XBMC. I mount it to a dir in the xbmc user's home dir called xmbcdata.

When it's mounted I create symbolic links to the NFS share like so;

ln -s /home/xbmc/xbmcdata/userdata/Database /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database
ln -s /home/xbmc/xbmcdata/userdata/Thumbnails /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails
ln -s /home/xbmc/xbmcdata/userdata/sources.xml /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml

If I start XBMC-live using sudo service xbmc-live start, it works as expected and XBMC uses the database, thumbnails and sources from my other XBMC machine @ 192.168.1.201

If I reboot, I get an error message right before XBMC autostarts saying: "mountall: Disconnected from plymouth".

XBMC does work though.

If I remove the NFS mount from /etc/fstab, the message is not displayed, but of course the NFS share is not mounted at XBMC does not get the data I want it to get.

If I add the NFS mount to /etc/fstab, the message is displayed again.

Perhaps this is not XBMC related at all, but I thought I'd ask anyway to see if someone might know what's going on and possibly how to get rid of it.

regards,
Ron

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX-LIVE?] mountall: Disconnected from plymouth when mounting nfs share in fstab0