Menu audio announcements
Question 
Hi,

would it be possible to announce menus?

Like when scrolling though the main menu pictures is announced by a voice as 'pictures' etc ?

two reasons for this question:

#1 People with lesser eyesight then the most of us can more 'easily' scroll menus
#2 Menu scrolling sounds better then the usual swoosh, click or blob sounds.

Food for thought?

ps. Not meaning TTS, but an audio announcement with every default option within default XBMC. Skins and backgrounds consume a lot of space, audio files could be part of it.
Honestly, if someone can't read the giant text that's on the home screen, they don't have a chance of navigating the smaller text within them, so what's the point?

In regards to the second point, I turn the sounds off, since I think all sounds are annoying when navigating.
To some, giant text appears as blurry spots. If they have their TV hooked up to a HTPC and sitting at a table and not in front of the tv.

Hence the question for audible menu's so regardless of size, one could hear them.
I think the sounds are down to the skin. If the demand were there I'm sure it would be possible for a skilled skin developer (i.e. not me!) to develop a skin for users with sight problems.

JR
Ok, that's clear. Thanks.

Something like a database with all menu options and the fields of the db containing MenuOption, MenuText, MenuSoundfile of some kind.

Wasn't sure if this would be a ' core' XBMC component or an add-on/script/skin thing.

I think a cross-platform Text to Speech engine is too much of a hassle...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu audio announcements0