Keep my settings
Hi,
Easy question; How can I keep all my settings from XBMC? Im going to format my computer, but I dont want to loose all my XBMC settings.

The only thing Ive come up with is the "Export video library", but do this keep ALL my settings? I dont want to loose the way I have programed my MCE controle for instance.

Thanks
You should copy the whole user folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._stored.3F
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
You might want to start from scratch, I never found keeping the settings or exporting library any good. But that's me any ways! I know it's a pain but well worth it, specially upgrading from major releases like 9.11 to 10.0 for example.

You will avoid loads of unforeseen issues. Any ways do as ashlar said to keep your settings.

Btw you did not mention what remote are you using or how did you set it up because there is nothing in XBMC that will keep your remote settings if you reinstall Windows. If you used keyboard.xml and made changes to it then you will need to save it to a USB stick. But tell us more about the remote so I can advice of the best way to do it.

Regards,
EG.
ashlar Wrote:You should copy the whole user folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._stored.3F

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type %appdata%\xbmc then click OK, and this will open your XBMC settings folder. It's normally only the userdata folder that you need to back up.

However I feel the same as EliteGamer360. By all means take a backup of the userdata folder in case, but I would recreate the settings from scratch. It always gives me a smug feeling that I've managed to do it better/more tidily than the old setup :-)

JR
As far as settings are concerned I concur. The library? No way.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:As far as settings are concerned I concur. The library? No way.

Good point! The library is in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\Database

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep my settings0