[LINUX] Ahanix 301 VFD / Remote setup?
Hi. iv been trying to setup my VFD/Remote for the last few days now and im totally confused with the steps needed for a successful install, is there any one here, who has got Dharma 10.0 working with this VFD and Philips 197 rc6 Remote.

Iv just done another fresh install of Dharma 10.0 / im getting on the VFD display Ahanix HTPC Welcome message when i press the remote the LED blinks on the front but nothing.

Iv been told that i need irtrans for this but dont no how to install. Iv read that LCDProc is required is this already in dharma in guisettings and needs turning on. Does LCDProc include the irtrans driver if so is this all i need to do to get things working. Also does lirc need removing first and how.

Any help/tutorial greatly appreciated Confused
I'm with you on this one. I recently acquired a Ahanix (Dvine) 302 case. I can get the samsung VFD to light up and display Ahanix Home Theater on the screen. Past that point, I don't get anything. I have tried both IRtrans, and smartie, and still nothing. Huh
ok, here we go:
first of all you need to install irtrans software from http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/linux.php
after that you have to install lcdproc with sudo apt-get install lcdproc and set lcdproc to use irtrans driver in /etc/LCDd.conf (where it says 'Driver=curses')
then when you start xbmc and enable lcdproc from the visual settings you should have some output on the screen
if you do, you're over with the vfd configuration, if you don't we'll see later
after this you need to setup the remote. all you have to do is edit lircmap.xml in ~/.xbmc/userdata and add this
Code:
    <remote device="mediacenter">
        <pause>pause</pause>
        <stop>stop</stop>
        <forward>fwd</forward>
        <reverse>rew</reverse>
        <left>left</left>
        <right>right</right>
        <up>up</up>
        <down>down</down>
        <select>ok</select>
        <pageplus>ch+</pageplus>
        <pageminus>ch-</pageminus>
        <back>back</back>
        <menu>clear</menu>
        <title>play</title>
        <info>info</info>
        <skipplus>next</skipplus>
        <skipminus>prev</skipminus>
        <display>teletext</display>
        <start>ehome</start>
        <record>rec</record>
        <volumeplus>vol+</volumeplus>
        <volumeminus>vol-</volumeminus>
        <mute>mute</mute>
        <power>power</power>
        <myvideo>video</myvideo>
        <mymusic>music</mymusic>
        <mypictures>pictures</mypictures>
        <mytv>tv</mytv>
        <one>1</one>
        <two>2</two>
        <three>3</three>
        <four>4</four>
        <five>5</five>
        <six>6</six>
        <seven>7</seven>
        <eight>8</eight>
        <nine>9</nine>
        <zero>0</zero>
        <mytv>red</mytv>
        <mymusic>green</mymusic>
        <mypictures>yellow</mypictures>
        <myvideo>blue</myvideo>
    </remote>
to the end of the file, just BEFORE the closing </lircmap>
now the remote should give you some output, if it doesn't we'll see later Smile
that's all!
Thanks for the help succo. Sorry for being a noob how do i install the irtrans software once downloaded. ill be using usb drive, or is there a command to download and unzip straight from terminal. Also is this the correct command to edit the irtrans driver:

nano /etc/LCDd.conf

Thanks. I could be up and running by tonight! Big Grin
for irtrans, you just download the installer and run install.sh
for the line to edit LCDd.conf, you must use sudo nano /etc/LCDd.conf as /etc is owned by root
Thumbs Up 
Sorry i dont understand the install.sh bit can you provide steps for me. iv downloaded the irtrans software unzipped it in a folder and its on my desktop ready to go.

One question is it cleaner to uninstall the lirc stuff before i do this or is this still used with irtrans. If lirc is unused from here i dont see the point in keeping it taking up space.

Thanks
Hi do i need to stop lirc from running on start up with this first:

cd /etc/init.d
sudo lirc stop
sudo update-rc.d -f lirc remove

and then can i use this to install irtrans server:

cd /home/xbmc/
mkdir irtrans-install
cd irtrans-install/
sudo wget http://www.irtrans.de/download/Server/Li...ver.tar.gz
sudo tar --gzip -xvf irserver.tar.gz

tr -d '^M' < install.sh > install.sh.tmp
mv install.sh.tmp install.sh
chmod +x install.sh
sudo ./install.sh

Or would this be wrong thanks.
yes, you have to remove lirc, if not irtrans can't start the remote
why remove it from rc.d when you can apt-get purge it?
apt-get purge it? How do i do this?
Do you mean remove the whole of lirc and is that command correct for installing irserver software, from the irtrans site.
So what is the best way to remove lirc, for a clean setup what one these should i use, before i install the irtrans software.

1. sudo apt-get purge lirc
2. sudo apt-get remove lirc

after using one of the above will i still be able to check the remote is working and will i lose Lircmap.xml.Oo
Lircmap.xml is not lirc-dependant (even if the name could suggest that), just as an example, in windows there is no lirc support but the same file is used.
so apt-get purge (or remove) lirc won't affect it in any way
irtrans, when installed, will 'simulate' a lirc socket which xbmc can connect to and read remote actions
So purge would be the better option then, that will remove the lot of lirc and dependent files.
So once iv installed the irtrans software do i need a startup script and if so can you provide me with these steps. Thanks.
as far as i can remember, it installs by itself... look if you have an irserver script in /etc/init.d/, if not it should be somewhere under contrib

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Ahanix 301 VFD / Remote setup?0