How to hide empty folders
Hi,
Love the way XBMC has moved since the last time I had a look at it.

However, I have one question - how to I hide the empty folders from the list (some of my TV series folders are empty), or even better - how do I display a picture for each TV series with files in it instead of just the list?

Cheers!
tiwas Wrote:Hi,
Love the way XBMC has moved since the last time I had a look at it.

However, I have one question - how to I hide the empty folders from the list (some of my TV series folders are empty), or even better - how do I display a picture for each TV series with files in it instead of just the list?

Cheers!

There is a control in advancedsettings.xml that allows you to hide empty folders.

<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
<recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Thanks Smile

Edit: actually couldn't find that file...Know where it's located on Windows?
tiwas Wrote:Thanks Smile

Edit: actually couldn't find that file...Know where it's located on Windows?

It doesn't exist unless you create it...goes in your userdata folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Cool - thanks Smile
I can't get this to work, and I placed the new advancedsettings.xml file in both XBMC userdata folders found in Programs Files and AppData.

edit: forgot to close a tag, nevermind.

This really should be default functionality.
NotNobody Wrote:This really should be default functionality.

LOL no it shouldn't, I dont know any software/os that would hide empty folders just because they are empty.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Just wanted to say thanks DobyKen and to the wiki and the devs for adding this function. When you got 84 shows and 20 or so get emptied regularly this is a very nice stress reliever for me Smile It just bugs me seeing those empty folders Smile Now everything thing looks great!
(2012-05-26, 18:57)sodapopdad Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks DobyKen and to the wiki and the devs for adding this function. When you got 84 shows and 20 or so get emptied regularly this is a very nice stress reliever for me Smile It just bugs me seeing those empty folders Smile Now everything thing looks great!

I'm on the same boat as you. I have sickbeard loading shows into folders. But when I'm done watching certain shows, or the season is over, I'll delete them, but the folder will remain in the directory for the new season of episodes. This helps me know which shows are new and which shows aren't (by hiding the empty folders)
All this does for me is remove the watched flags. The folders are still there.
I'm using aeon mq5.
Anyone have any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide empty folders0