• 3(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0
Malexx Wrote:Hi,its a error,will be fixed so you can choose backgrounds for all of course.
Excellent.

edit: Also, is there any reason to limit the number of playlists aloud on the home menu? In Cirrus it's 5. In Extended it's 8? What's the reasoning behind those numbers? Can't it be more, or down to a user setting?
It depends of how much one adds in the configs.
You need more?Just playlists or favourites too?
No Problem to add more.

We come closer to V1.1

Added: :Enable/Disable Landscape.jpg in TV Fanart View
Added: :Fallback Banner Image in TV Righlist View when Banner enabled - All Credits to HTPC Guy - thx
Added: Tongueoster View for TV Rightlist View
Added: :Next Aired Infos in most TV Views
Fixed: :Extended Playlists Home Items - Custom Background fixed
I love the fanart views in the launcher program. Its a pain to set up but its so worth it. When I'm done I can post some screen shots if you like.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Malexx Wrote:It depends of how much one adds in the configs.
You need more?Just playlists or favourites too?
No Problem to add more.

We come closer to V1.1
Well, in the absence of an ability to have custom libraries beyond the standard "Movies" "TV" "Music" and "Music Video" I disable all the standard Home Menu items and use playlists on the home menu to show Movies, Kids Movies, TV, Kids TV, Stand Up, Rugby, Home Movies which at the moment is one more than is available. Sure I could use the standard "Movies" and "TV" buttons, but then I'd have Kids TV and Rugby thrown in with TV, and Kids Movies, Stand Up and Home Movies thrown in with Movies.

Is it something I can add myself or is it a coming feature do you think?
htpc guy Wrote:I love the fanart views in the launcher program. Its a pain to set up but its so worth it. When I'm done I can post some screen shots if you like.

Yeah, i would like to see your screenies ...
screens would be cool.

About the playlists,i think its 8 now,i could expand to 10 or 12 but that should be enough i think Smile
otherwise i can send you what you have to change and you can expand this like you want.
Malexx Wrote:About the playlists,i think its 8 now,i could expand to 10 or 12 but that should be enough i think Smile
otherwise i can send you what you have to change and you can expand this like you want.
12 would cover it, allowing Shows (e.g. Les Miserables) and Concerts (e.g. Van Halen Live Without a Net) to be separated on the home page along with the other "categories" I mentioned earlier and not have to show up in movies or tv.

Having playlists as home menus is a great fix for the lack of library category customisation, but it does need to allow enough playlists for people to have home menu buttons for all of the categories in their collection. Some have anime, cartoons, sports etc. I know that may not have been the intention of allowing playlists as home menu items but that's how I use it and it's fantastic for that.
Would it be possible to get recently added working with custom playlists?
thats a good question ... i dont know.
But i like the idea.
Never touched recently addes script,but i will look into that.
Like this we really could have custom Libraries.
I would love to see right list view for the Advanced Launcher Application incorporated into the skin that would utilize extrafanart and thumbs. I will attach a screenshot of a mock up that I created.

This is not an actual image from XBMC! Its a Photoshop Image.

Advanced launcher would supply the game cover (would need to fit poster, landscape and square images). Then the skin would supply the screenshots and fanart in rotation.

I also included an ESRB Rating flag. This would require a modification to the Advanced Launcer so it would include <ESRB></ESRB> tags. It shouldn't be too difficult to add into ALA and I bet at some point Angelscry would be able to add that in. The ratings can be found from Gamefaqs, which is a site ALA all ready scrapes.

The best part of this skin is the fact that it shows off the fanart so well. I know it would take a heavy rewrite of the current Right View code but it would be a welcome addition.

So what do you guys think?

*Edit* Games that were released pre ESRB ratings could have a fallback flag that would use NR for Not Rated.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
@htpc guy
Rightlist View is already finished @90% ... when Ala will support more info for flags they will be added for sure! Nice Mockup, i'll send you screenshots about latest state in a few hours ...
Greets
This is just a preview ... so stay tuned ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM5bEb2e0VA
update 1.1 should hopefully be on Weekend .... hopefully Wink
Awesome, Look forward to it.
If anyone is interested I've created some system fanart which will look great in the 1.1 version that will include Right List. It includes N64, NES, PlayStation, Sega Genesis and SNES
How to use Git
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.07