Shuttle XS35GT + XBMC live + TV = 640x480 resolution max
Hi,

I just bough the XS35GT for HTPC use. It looks like great! Unfortunately, I've got a big trouble I'm not able to solve by myself.

Indeed, I did the install of xbmx live (Dharma 10.0) with a VGA screen (19" computer screen, worked perfectly) and then I tried to plug the xs35gt to my LG TV device. It is a 32", but the max available resolution within xbmc is 640x480.

I tried to set new option in the etc/X11/xorg.conf file (adding new supported resolutions of my TV) but it doesn't work...

I'm not able too to run xrandr, I always get the error "can't open display", even when I set it "export DISPLAY=:0"

For information, I plug my xs35gt to the TV with a VGA cable. I may try with a HDMI>DVI converted, but I would need to buy one, and I don't want to do that if I'm not sure it will solve the issue.
Hi, no news?

Because I'm new with linux, I wondering if I didn't forget to install a driver for ION or something like that.

Moreover, is it possible to open a consol without exiting xbmc? Because it seems that xserver closes when existing xbmc.
Hi,

I've got some news.

So, after advanced searches on the net, I found how to run the xrandr command.

I was afraid to read only 2 lines:
640x480 60*
320x240

I started from xserver the nvidia-settings tool, and I was unable to set any other resolution for the output.

I even tried to force the resolution to 1024x768, but xrandr did not complete the operation

However, I decided to plug the xs35 with a HDMI cable, and then, the xbmc displayd in 1920x1080. Looks great, but still wondering why I can have this resolution with HDMI but not with VGA.

I absolutely need to plug the xs35 through VGA because my single TV HDMI plug is already used by another device.

Please, help
Obviously this won't fix your VGA not showing 1920x1080 but you can pickup HDMI switches dirt cheap these days and the picture quality over HDMI at 1920x1080 is going to be much better than over VGA.
Hi,

I've just bough a new HDMI to DVI plug and hoping it will solve my issue. I guess, because the picture is perfect through HDMI and I found documentation on the web that indicates that both HDMI and DVI are sharing the same numeric video signal. I will follow-up this topic after live tests.

Thanks in all cases for the reply
Hi guys,

Some news for you.

I bought a HDMI to DVI cable, and everything is perfect now.

Thanks to all for your support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT + XBMC live + TV = 640x480 resolution max0