Patriot Box Office
Been running with XBMC on my HTPC for a couple years and love it. I am in the market for a portable media player to use in our new minivan (which has HDMI in). I found a couple small HD media players (each with their own gui) that can play off of an attached/installed Hard Drive, or removable media. One such product is the Patriot Box Office. Reading through their own support forum, it seems as though "hacking" their box with other's firmware to provide an attractive GUI is already in place. I could not find anyone who managed to install XBMC though. Does anyone have any experience with this box and XBMC? Is it even possible? thx!
nevermind..just read the "Cheapest small box for XBMC thread.."
So does it work with the pbo? I got mede8er installed on mine wondered if this will work...
my original media player, before upgrading to htpc/xbmc, was the PBO (w acryan firmware). The PBO would not be a bad choice at all for the application you mention. You might even be able to pick up an older one used for cheap too. You would also need to get a power inverter for use in a vehicle.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Hi all,,,,How i could install on my PBO: Openelec o any distribution that works with xBMC ? It is posible?
No.... As far as I am aware.
As far as I am aware those Realtek-based small players such as my Asus O!Play HDP-R1 lack something.
Can't remember if it's OpenGL or something else with a similar name.
Not to mention that these units run on 400MHz CPU's Sad
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Patriot Box Office0