[AppleTV2] AppleTV 4.2.1 (4.1.1) installation problems
so i tried to install this through Maange Extras, in spun around, lowtide restarted and there was nothing installed. tried it again about 20 minutes later and it gave me this error message:

Quote:E: dpkg was interrupted, you must run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

so i did that through terminal on my computer and this came up:

Quote:Kevins-AppleTV:~ root# dpkg --configure -a
Setting up gawk (3.1.6-2) ...
Setting up bsdiff (4.3-1) ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock (1.0-0) ...
Found ATV2 running ios 4.2+/AppleTV
Found 4.2.1:Removing seatbelt profile key from AppleTV
mv: cannot move `/var/tmp/AppleTV-nosb' to `/Applications/AppleTV/AppleTV': No such file or directory

then my AppleTV seemed like it was restarted, but still has "no signal" on the screen with a solid white light on the front. SSH connection still intact.

... about 5 minutes have gone by and now it's a flashing light with just the Apple Logo in the middle of the screen.

do i need to connect it to a computer to do a tethered boot? did it just restart. i'm not really sure what to do from here.
ssh in and

mv /var/tmp/AppleTV-nosb /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV'

There was a script error, sorry.
is the apostrophe supposed to be on the end?
kevinl Wrote:is the apostrophe supposed to be on the end?

grrr, no.

mv /var/tmp/AppleTV-nosb /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV
figured, well it worked fine now im booted up and installed it successfully. now how do i share media from my time capsule to the apple tv.....
i got the same error.
is there a way to fix it without a mac computer? i only got windows :Huh
SSH is not a mac specific protocol. You can download a tool like Putty on windows to SSH in to your AppleTV then run the above command.
thanks
i got no clue with that, i just hope i can avoid working myself into that materia

lets hope a restore through itunes and a new jailbreak will do
It really is quite simple xbmconly. Putty is very easy to use, we all start somewhere.

1) Download and install it
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/late.../putty.exe
2) start Putty and enter the ip address of your apple tv in the "Host Name Box" and click "Open"
3) type "root" (without the quotes) when the black screen opens and you have a cursor and then press enter
4) type "alpine" (without the quotes) for the password and press enter
5) copy and paste "mv /var/tmp/AppleTV-nosb /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV" (without the quotes) and press enter
6) close the Putty window

That should be it. Google it and you'll see some screen shots that should help it make sense.
thanks, i appreciate your help

was able to use xbmc before, now the wi-fi issue came back up again Eek
used the ethernet for a while to see if that was the reason 1080 videos buffered every couple of minutes. didnt improve it much (router only supports g standard; should G be sufficent? maybe N-standard or is ethernet a must)
it seems as if the wifi problem came up as i removed the ethernet while running a video

probably have to jailbreak it again tomorrow and hope the wifi problem wont come up again if i i wont use the ethernet again
xbmconly Wrote:thanks, i appreciate your help

was able to use xbmc before, now the wi-fi issue came back up again Eek
used the ethernet for a while to see if that was the reason 1080 videos buffered every couple of minutes. didnt improve it much (router only supports g standard; should G be sufficent? maybe N-standard or is ethernet a must)
it seems as if the wifi problem came up as i removed the ethernet while running a video

probably have to jailbreak it again tomorrow and hope the wifi problem wont come up again if i i wont use the ethernet again

To fix the wifi issue:
ssh in:
Type apt-get update
Type apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv
Type apt-get install com.nito.nitotv
Type killall AppleTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] AppleTV 4.2.1 (4.1.1) installation problems0