[AppleTV2] How to install a new skin?
Question 
Hey,

I'm trying to install a new skin in XBMC for ATV2. I downloaded the latest Rapier skin and copied it over to the ATV2. I have it in the directory:

/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/

The folder is called skin.rapier.

Is there something else that I need to do to get it to show up? I'm completely guessing here. I just looked for the location of the other skins...

I tried deleting the guisettings.xml, but I haven't tried editing it manually.

Any help on how to get other skins to load in XBMC for ATV2 much appreciated.

-lunias
Did you restart xbmc? You need to do that for it to detect any new addons.
Yes. I just restarted the ATV2 this morning. I unplugged it and did a tethered boot. XBMC still doesn't see my skin. What is the install process for skins on XBMC for iOS?

Thanks,

lunias
The default Rapier skin isn't compatible with this version of XBMC.
You need skins that are Dharma compatible.

If you want the Rapier skin you need to get one of these versions
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82284
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81748

Upload the Zip to /var/mobile/ and then choose install from zip in the add-ons menu.

(I ran into the same problem and went with the Qualar MOD version - works great)
not sure if it matters but you could try putting the skin in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons
I tried the "install from zip file" procedure but then I get nothing, no indication that it is actually installing the skin, I do get though a folder which sits on top "currently downloading add-on" and it is empty.
ramiy Wrote:I tried the "install from zip file" procedure but then I get nothing, no indication that it is actually installing the skin, I do get though a folder which sits on top "currently downloading add-on" and it is empty.

Check the logs, there maybe an error while installing or loading the skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] How to install a new skin?0