[AppleTV2] No Network
I am trying to get XBMC on my new appletv 2. I have used the Seas0nPass but after getting the jailbreak loaded the network is broken. Which of course means I get ssh in and get xbmc on.

I have also tried PwnageTool but Apple says the firmware isnt authorized to load. Rolleyes Ideas?
FINALLY! Some one who has the same problem as me! I tried with Seas0npass and pwnagetool to make and install the ipsw, then I use windows to tetherboot it. But I get no network access. It cant even scan for wireless, and inputing my own IP instead of using DHCP doesnt work either. I rebuilt the IPSW seperately for each install so I dont know whats up. PM me or post in this thread if you fix it please!!!
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Had the same problem. Update Seas0npass and restore AppleTV2 again with AppleTV2,1_4.2.1_8C154_SP_Restore.ipsw in DFU mode.
Using Seas0nPass fixed it? I have the same issue using PwnageTool and found quite a number of posts on other forums describing dead networking.

What a drag.

FYI, by following these instructions I was able to pass the Apple firmware check with PwnageTool.

http://www.shoutpedia.com/jailbreak-appl...owto-7095/
I am right there with you @theduder

Seems like the patching is breaking stuff on the new firmware. Thanks for the link, I found it later last night.

@Muuh, Could you post links to where you downloaded the files which are working for you from? Thanks.
This is a more up to date version of the instructions posted by theduder:

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2010/12/16/h...wnagetool/
I tried both of you methods, and I just get error 6004 in iTunes after the restore. I even tried restoring on a different machine
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
OldCrowEW Wrote:This is a more up to date version of the instructions posted by theduder:

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2010/12/16/h...wnagetool/

Thanks. I had actually been using that link but couldn't find it when I was posting yesterday.

BTW, I am using a Mac running 10.6.6 and iTunes 10.1.1(4)
Did you guys use 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 ?
I used 4.1.2
I just got mine working using Seas0nPass.

Make sure you keep trying until it all happens cleanly. That's the trick, if you get any errors like the iTunes script failing, etc... start over.

A friend offered that advice and after a lot of tries, it finally completed on its own and sure enough, the ATV2 has network! Big Grin
I fixed it with Seas0npass 0.6.8 (27). Downloaded from http://files.firecore.com/SP/Seas0nPass.zip and used Seas0npass/Check for Updates...

Had problems with Seas0npass 0.6.7 (?). Changelog is here http://files.firecore.com/SP/Seas0nPass.html
CASHMON3Y Wrote:FINALLY! Some one who has the same problem as me! I tried with Seas0npass and pwnagetool to make and install the ipsw, then I use windows to tetherboot it. But I get no network access. It cant even scan for wireless, and inputing my own IP instead of using DHCP doesnt work either. I rebuilt the IPSW seperately for each install so I dont know whats up. PM me or post in this thread if you fix it please!!!

I could have written your post! I've tried pwnagetool and seas0npass at least 5 times and I've never had an error but every time the network access is broken. On Firecore's site (makers of SP) there seems to be several people with this problem and they're looking into it. Hopefully someone figures this out soon...
OldCrowEW Wrote:I am trying to get XBMC on my new appletv 2. I have used the Seas0nPass but after getting the jailbreak loaded the network is broken. Which of course means I get ssh in and get xbmc on.

I have also tried PwnageTool but Apple says the firmware isnt authorized to load. Rolleyes Ideas?

I also ran into this issue. I think it has something to do with the wifi as on boot up, AppleTV tries to establish network connection and when if it fails network doesn't work at all. I got this by doing a tethered boot with the network cable plugged in.
I also think it's related to pluggin in the network cable during the tethered boot process. Try plugging in the network cable after the ATV2 box is already booted up.

If you are currently experiencing this problem and the above advice doesn't work. You may just have to start over from scratch. It should take more than 5-10mins if you have all the tools already.

-Dazex
I don't think it's related to the network cable plugged in because I had the problem and never even broke out a network cable.

Basically I got the ATV2, plugged it in, loaded my wireless password, and looked around. Satisfied it worked, I started the jailbreak.

Built ipsw with Pwnage Tool 4.1.3
Extracted tethered boot files
Tethered boot from windows
No Network

Restored stock firmware.

Using same original ipsw, ran Pwnage Tool 4.1.3 again
Used same old tethered boot files
Tethered boot from windows
Network works.

So I don't think entirely related to a network cable, maybe it's related to messing with the network in general prior to jailbreak. In my example, I entered wireless data in a stock ATV, then jailbroke, second time it was fresh. I've seen some stuff on the iphone that makes it across jailbreaks. Or maybe it's just a Pwnage Tool issue, with the ATV2 build package you install, I'm sure the Seasonpass thing has the same code at the heart of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] No Network0