Which Linux Flavor?
Sorry if this has been asked before, or if in wrong section. I did troll through a little bit but couldnt see an answer.

I am about to reinstall my XBMC to update to Dharma. I have an asrock 330, and was wondering which version of Ubuntu to use as my base install, Karmic, Lucid, or maverick?

Any help much appreciated.

Shalarim
just install the XBMC live edition
it runs on ubuntu 10.04
If you want a full linux install I would go with 10.4 Lucid. Most of the help you will find here targets that version.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I'm running on 10.10, but for awhile it was a PITA. Its good now, Don't know if it was from my tweaking things, or the updates. It runs fine now, but I would say use 10.04.
I agree, at first 10.10 was a bit of a pain but it's running smooth as ever now. There's a noticeable difference in the boot times of 10.04 and 10.10 for me; that's why I decided to keep 10.10.
The Rig:
AMD64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3GHz, ATI HD 3450, Corsair 4GB XMS2 DDR2 800
Shuttle SN68SG2 Case

10.04 if you plan on doing anything with LIRC.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I recently reinstalled and went for lucid 10.04 minimal
- I didn't want to have to rebuild soon and 10.04 is the long term support edition
- It's quite fast to boot, 15s, although I used an SSD
- the mini install was quite easy following various forum guides and I like having a clean system
-I'm using an ASRock ION330HT and the remote was made to work using x3lectrics instructions
-10.04 doesn't however have kernel .33 by default which is needed for the TRIM support on SSDs so Maveric might be better depending on your HW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Linux Flavor?0