Davilla, Please reply to this to end FUD
ATV2 outputs in 720p via HDMI. Is this hardware or software limited?

The question is pertinent because if it is a software limitation it may be overcome in the future, allowing the ATV2 to output 1080p.

if it is software limited, do you have any plans to overcome the limitation?

If you don't know, please give us your idea on the subject.

XBMC on ATV2 is something phenomenal.

Thanks.
This has been posted so many times, and the answer every time has been that no one is certain. You are bound to just piss him off.
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
Never seen a post where Davilla says he is uncertain.
I've seen a bunch of people that know shit about it giving answers, pretending to be facts.

Hence the question to the person that everyone listens to and that will put an end to it.
Ok, well good luck.
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
The wiki states it is limited by frontrow, so it appears to be an Apple Software lockdown.

Just wait, chill and see
Whatever it is I seriously doubt that the gpu will keep.up with 1080p in most skins, this makes the answer somewhat moot.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I don't think people care about the skins all that much. Playing content without downscaling is much more important.
Well consider.. how did you put it.. "I've seen a bunch of people that know shit about it giving answers, pretending to be facts." Why dont you fucking learn how to code and/or learn about the hardware and tell us all instead of relying on someone else since you obviously know more then any of us...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=701160&postcount=7
Whoa guys... settle down.

Lets put it this way. If you want 1080p output, don't buy an ATV2 right now because it can't do it. The ATV1 STILL only does 720p output if you're using the standard OSX install and that's had XBMC for years.

Apple has made it pretty clear they don't care about 1080p output because they deal with streaming files only. That means their software only outputs 720p in the default configuration. XBMC outputs via their OS, if it only does 720p, sorry. That doesn't mean it can't be "hacked" to do it... but it can't do it right now.
Numus Wrote:Well consider.. how did you put it.. "I've seen a bunch of people that know shit about it giving answers, pretending to be facts." Why dont you fucking learn how to code and/or learn about the hardware and tell us all instead of relying on someone else since you obviously know more then any of us...

Numus, you're actually one of them, and it shows. Besides that, it's not the first time that I see a really bad atitude towards other forum members from you. Maybe you should jerk off more often to release all that teen testosterone.

The stupidity of your reply is embarassing. If I knew more, I wouldn't be asking to someone that I know knows more.
Jaken Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=701160&postcount=7

Thanks Jaken.. missed that one.

I hope that Davilla can still give us some more insight about it. Smile
finas Wrote:Numus, you're actually one of them, and it shows. Besides that, it's not the first time that I see a really bad atitude towards other forum members from you. Maybe you should jerk off more often to release all that teen testosterone.

The stupidity of your reply is embarassing. If I knew more, I wouldn't be asking to someone that I know knows more.

Shown a bad attitude? All you have done is bitch to the dev that seems to be leading the project to answer something he already answered... But since you dont like the views other people have put out based upon basic facts of the hardware and limitations that need to be met for the circumstance you wish, you just claim we have no idea what we are talking about. The only reason i have a bad attitude to other forum members is because they are pricks like you who have no clue about anything, but demand from those who actually read and learn to answer your questions. Based upon your statement relating to "jerk off more often to release all that teen testosterone" you are lazy and a scumbag. End of story.
Wow, guys, peace... It's just software... Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
+1 for Numus.
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Davilla, Please reply to this to end FUD0