New to XBMC - frustrated set-top box user!
Hi,

I am new to the world of xbmc and was hoping someone would Hepplewhite out with a couple of quick questions I have.

I am particularly looking at one of the small form factor boxes (acer revo, Dell zino etc.) and wondered if these are generally considered to be powerful enough to run all types of content. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for to ensure I can take full advantage of hardware acceleration (think I wpread somewhere this is only supported on nvidia chips so would rule out ati etc.)

I am particularly interested in getting smooth 23.976 fps playback, is a particular graphics adapter better at this and how hard is it to get working in conjunction with auto-framerate?

I would also be looking at putting a torrent client on the box, am I right in thinking this will only run whilst powered on, not in standby?

Anŷ help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
if you'll use LINUX or WINDOWS 7, you'll have Hardware acceleration....

just stick with an NVIDIA chipset Video Card....

now im not a big fan of those pre-built nettops/miniPC's....

so i'll let other users comment on those...

not saying they dont work, in fact, they do...

but i always prefer building my own HTPC....

-peace-
cheers,

I would normally build my own but needing the smallest form factor possible and sticking to a tight, tight budget (ideally around £250ish including a 2tb drive) is restricting me to one of these ready made units.

Its a shame its advisable to stick to NVidia as I quite like the look of these Dell Zinos...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC - frustrated set-top box user!0