[AppleTV2] no 'add source' button - only in videos
hi.

i bought an appletv to install xbmc because i liked it so much on the xbox1.
installation was fine yesterday but today when i woke it up there was no wifi. i know now that this is an issue of timing the connection of cables at boot - but first i restored it to original fw, and then did a news installation of xbmc.

i sucessfully added an smb share yesterday, but with the news installation the 'add source' and 'add-ons' button are missing, but only at the videos tab. at all the other tabs (music, pictures etc.) they are present. what may be the problem here? thanks for any help.
sick6six Wrote:hi.

i bought an appletv to install xbmc because i liked it so much on the xbox1.
installation was fine yesterday but today when i woke it up there was no wifi. i know now that this is an issue of timing the connection of cables at boot - but first i restored it to original fw, and then did a news installation of xbmc.

i sucessfully added an smb share yesterday, but with the news installation the 'add source' and 'add-ons' button are missing, but only at the videos tab. at all the other tabs (music, pictures etc.) they are present. what may be the problem here? thanks for any help.

I don't know what's causing your problem but if you go into videos and hold down the menu button to bring up the context menu I believe there should be an add source option in there.
There are options in the appearance settings to hide the "add source" option, you might want to check those too.
thanks for your replies. i solved the problem pressing left on the remote and changing the list view a couple of times - suddenly it appeared again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] no 'add source' button - only in videos0