[AppleTV2]Subtitle not parsed right
With the new "nightly" build XBMC for ATV2 shows great progress! It does all the scraping right for me. I've only got 1 problem, sometimes on some video's it's not parsing the subtitles right. These subtitles work fine on X86 XBMC, or VLC.

I've tried to see if it has to do something with the characters in the srt file, but i can't seem to discover any strange things.

I've included a screenshot.

Someone familiar with this problem?
Why not try to help devs by including debug log?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Why not try to help devs by including debug log?

You just mean the xbmc log ? (ie is xbmc log the same as debug log?) if so:

Log File

And I've already made a look myself in the logs, the subtitle is getting loaded @ #321.
Sorry to bump this, but anyone also have this problem?
Senaxx Wrote:Sorry to bump this, but anyone also have this problem?

I'm having the same issue, but I figure they'll get to it eventually. I'm assuming it's something to do with the unofficial nightly builds, which the devs aren't asking for feedback on yet.
Senaxx Wrote:Sorry to bump this, but anyone also have this problem?
Yes, here someone reports the same issue, although it is not clear if it's on an Apple tv 2.
He seems to suggest it is because somehow there are extra line endings in the subttitle file.

I'm the developer for the Bierdopje part of the subtitle add-on.
Because I can't reproduce the problem myself because I don't have an Apple TV2, I rely on your cooperation to help me solve the issue.
Could you therefore give me:
  • a link to an example subtitle file on bierdopje that gives the problem after downloaded by the add-on
  • and a link (the url in the address bar) from a this faulty subtitle file after you have uploaded the file to the online hexviewer: http://en.webhex.net/upload
SSA subtitles don't display at all
mr_blobby Wrote:Yes, here someone reports the same issue, although it is not clear if it's on an Apple tv 2.
He seems to suggest it is because somehow there are extra line endings in the subttitle file.

I'm the developer for the Bierdopje part of the subtitle add-on.
Because I can't reproduce the problem myself because I don't have an Apple TV2, I rely on your cooperation to help me solve the issue.
Could you therefore give me:
  • a link to an example subtitle file on bierdopje that gives the problem after downloaded by the add-on
  • and a link (the url in the address bar) from a this faulty subtitle file after you have uploaded the file to the online hexviewer: http://en.webhex.net/upload

I haven't downloaded the subtitles with the XBMC subtitle addon, but with the bierdopje sub downloader script. assuming the subtitle was right i've never questioned the subtitle.

Although line endings sounds valid. I've done some tests, and when i manually recreated a txt file and retyped everything manually it worked great, but when i copy pasted it didn't. And i didn't view it with the online hexviewer, so i've never saw the extra linebreaks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]Subtitle not parsed right0