• 2(current)
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support
Cyruss89 Wrote:I own a Magic Trackpad, do you think it will be also supported in a future version or is already supported?

As a mouse do you mean? don't know? Frontrow doesn't have support for a mouse I think. And for mouse support in in xbmc you should look @ davilla. Or do you want to use gestures?
Gestures would be alright, like the Remote App for the iPhone.
pvautrin Wrote:davilla pushed a commit on the 28th supposed to fix bluetooth keyboard.
So please follow instructions below to install latest version (29th) and re-test
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92261
Thanks

Did the update, however, text entry still not working for me. Keyboard support is not important to me at this time, but, I thought mention it not working for the record.

I'd rather the devs focus on more important things like increase overall speed/performance and add Video_TS support.
neohusky Wrote:Did the update, however, text entry still not working for me. Keyboard support is not important to me at this time, but, I thought mention it not working for the record.

I'd rather the devs focus on more important things like increase overall speed/performance and add Video_TS support.

works-for-me ™, logs are nice to see,
davilla, would you mind giving some details of the BT Keyboard you used?
pvautrin Wrote:davilla, would you mind giving some details of the BT Keyboard you used?

Apple BlueTooth Keyboard
Here is my xbmc.log after getting carried away with the keyboard.

http://pastebin.com/yJg0Fqyz
Even though I had updated earlier today I had a compile date of 28 Jan. Finally got a more resent compile date 29 Jan and hey presto. Text entry works as described!

I note that caps lock doesn't work ie indicator on keyboard and screen on screen using the keyboard. Is this expected?
I just updated to the 29th Jan build and can also confirm text entry was working great using the Apple keyboard. Still not working for iPhone remote apps though, so that must be a different issue.

However, the reason I said was working, is that suddenly Bluetooth has stopped working, it just crashes when searching for devices.

Here's what I did, not sure which steps are relevant to the issue:
  1. Upgraded to the 29th Build
  2. Tested Apple keyboard, was working great
  3. Added a keymap.xml to add a couple of custom keyboard shortcuts
  4. I quit XBMC using the menu button, to reopen it again...
  5. but the ATV interface didn't load, my TV just said "No Signal"
  6. tried killall AppleTV, but nothing happened on the TV
  7. so, I rebooted the device, and tethered booted it
  8. now when I go to Custom Settings -> BTStack, it starts searching for devices, seems to get a bit muddled up with the device names, and then it just crashes and the ATV interface reloads
So Bluetooth, was working fine, but is now broken Sad

Here's a crashlog: http://pastebin.com/xYcd70mB
jcwacky Wrote:I just updated to the 29th Jan build and can also confirm text entry was working great using the Apple keyboard. Still not working for iPhone remote apps though, so that must be a different issue.

However, the reason I said was working, is that suddenly Bluetooth has stopped working, it just crashes when searching for devices.

Here's what I did, not sure which steps are relevant to the issue:
  1. Upgraded to the 29th Build
  2. Tested Apple keyboard, was working great
  3. Added a keymap.xml to add a couple of custom keyboard shortcuts
  4. I quit XBMC using the menu button, to reopen it again...
  5. but the ATV interface didn't load, my TV just said "No Signal"
  6. tried killall AppleTV, but nothing happened on the TV
  7. so, I rebooted the device, and tethered booted it
  8. now when I go to Custom Settings -> BTStack, it starts searching for devices, seems to get a bit muddled up with the device names, and then it just crashes and the ATV interface reloads
So Bluetooth, was working fine, but is now broken Sad

Here's a crashlog: http://pastebin.com/xYcd70mB

crash in libBTstack.dylib which I have no control over. Sad next time I see the author, I'll tell him.
Senaxx Wrote:Everybody hates text import with the apple
5. In Frontrow goto Settings -> Custom Settings -> BTStack

and starts searching for your BT Keyboard.
It took me some fiddeling to get the keyboard in pairing mode, but after turning on the keyboard and a quick 3 presses on the keyboard made it pair.

Type in 0000 and press enter, and you are done Smile

You can use this keyboard in the main menu and in XBMC Smile enjoy!

I did what was written here and must say a big THX to Senaxx it did not even take me 60 seconds to get everything working out of the BOX
Yup, Bluetooth keyboard text entry is now working for me as well. Using the iPhone WeBe++ application as my Bluetooth keyboard and can input letters from within XBMC after updating to meshura's 1/29/2011 build. Thx! Prior to that, only the enter key worked.
Cyruss89 Wrote:Gestures would be alright, like the Remote App for the iPhone.

Anyone know if support for Apple's Remote app is in the works or should iPhone owners be buying a copy of XBMC Controller (or whatever app the best app is) from the App Store? App recommendations welcome and appreciated.
jd2157 Wrote:Anyone know if support for Apple's Remote app is in the works or should iPhone owners be buying a copy of XBMC Controller (or whatever app the best app is) from the App Store? App recommendations welcome and appreciated.

XBMC Remote App works great! It has gestures and library support. Very similar to the Apple Remote app.
Can anyone help with this. Now that I am using the 29/1 update and have my mini bluetooth keyboard working much better except I get an "a" when I press the enter key.
All other keys seem fine.

This is the keyboard http://www.focalprice.com/IPA99B/Mini_Co...Black.html
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support0