xbmc just started crashing on startup with atv2
Sad 
Any assistance is appreciated...

I have successfully jailbroken an atv2 using seas0npass. In under an hour, I was up running and streaming divx media from a windows SMB share.

After 2 days of uninterrupted use, xbmc crashes constantly when started. It happens at startup OR after I select any one of the initial menu selections.

The only change that has been made is that I unsuccessfully adding a video source which was not valid (correct ip address but wrong share name). Otherwise there has been no change. I've subseqnuently removed that video source from sources.xml but with no update.

Not wanting to be lazy, I've searched through several threads here and can't seem to find any remedies. I've attempted updates to my host file (which seems more relevant to people with 4.1 moreso that 4.2.1).

Any suggestionsHuh Thanks.
After continuing to look around / troubleshoot, I've noticed that the crashing behaviour that I'm seeing in xbmc is actually not limited to this application.

I'm now experiencing similar results when accessing NetFlix, Apple Media Content, YouTube, etc... Essentially any media outside of my home wifi network. I can still successfully access / stream media directly from my connected iTunes libraries. Weird :confused2:.
I would personally do a ipsw restore of the device (ie, put it in DFU mode and flash back original FW) I think on an ATV2 you can do it through itunes just like a iphone/ipad/etc.

Then I would test netflix etc and make sure everything works. If it doesn't, return it.

Then re-jailbreak if it works fine.

Sounds like the jailbreak got screwed up maybe, or a HW fault.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc just started crashing on startup with atv20