[AppleTV1] Looking for a file, samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz2
Hey. Really hoping someone has been more diligent than myself and has kept a file.

All the instructions online point towards the following for installing Samba on the Apple TV http://netpbx.de/tmp/samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz2 Unfortunately this no longer seems to be online.

Ive received a few emails in the past couple of days from people looking for it as my instructions also point towards this download location.

I'm hoping that someone has this downloaded somewhere.

Could you please give me a nudge if so and I'll host it on my server.

Thankyou!
edit the portfile and change the download location.
Yeah, that's looking like the only option.

If I download the source file ftp://us4.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/sam....27.tar.gz do you know what flags are needed for ./configure to compile for the Apple TV?

Cheers
warmtoast Wrote:Yeah, that's looking like the only option.

If I download the source file ftp://us4.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/sam....27.tar.gz do you know what flags are needed for ./configure to compile for the Apple TV?

Cheers

Edit the portfile and change the download location to the above. Compiling a working smbclient for usage with xbmc is non trivial.
Why don't you install Nito that does it for you with smart installer?
Hey warmtoast,

I really need those files as well and have been looking for them for hours. I'd really appreciate, if you could host them or email them to me...?

@interceptor: to my knowledge nito only lets you mount smb shares on the atv. we are looking for the option to turn it into an atv server, as described in warmtoasts tutorial.
@warmtoast: If I understand you tutorial correctly, you suggest unzipping the file on the atv. Maybe, has the original zipped file remained untouched on your atv, so you can copy it from there?
I have the file, send me a PM and I will give you a link to it.
miniGranis Wrote:I have the file, send me a PM and I will give you a link to it.
Hi Minigranis,
could you send me in private the link? thaks a lot;-))
I'd really appreciate a link to this file... I cant find samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz2 anywhere on the net.
jermn8r Wrote:I'd really appreciate a link to this file... I cant find samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz2 anywhere on the net.

you might try this;

Code:
ftp://us4.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-3.0.27.tar.gz
Hey guys! Looks like theres been some interest in getting this working again. As soon as I've got a working copy of samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz2 I'll pop it online. I've messaged miniGranis, hopefully they still have a copy.

The fatal flaw I can see in my instructions was to download everything to /tmp therefore losing all the downloads as soon as I restarted. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

davilla recommends using ftp://us4.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/sam....27.tar.gz

Has anyone had a chance to see if this works as a like-for-like replacement of samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz2 ?
Sorted!

http://colinwaddell.com/appletv/samba3_m...in.tar.bz2

Huge thanks to everyone who helped. Especially miniGranis who forwarded me the files about 3 seconds after I sent a PM!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] Looking for a file, samba3_macports_bin.tar.bz20