The New Moovida
Has anyone seen the Moovida 2.0?

The UI for Immersed is amazing. Super buggy, but the proof of concept is awesome.

(I love XBMC. I'm just sayin'...)
bluedevil229 Wrote:Has anyone seen the Moovida 2.0?

The UI for Immersed is amazing. Super buggy, but the proof of concept is awesome.

(I love XBMC. I'm just sayin'...)

I have to admit, that 3d scrolling wall is pretty hot Smile
Doesn't look suited for a TV + remote setup. Also it's not free.
To me, this new version is just full of meh.

While I can appreciate separating the two functions (media cataloging, playback), they took a great, easy to use and fast media center (Elisa) and put it through so many different presses that now it's a huge mess.

And I believe it is free but in order to get playback with proprietary codecs, you need to pay for the license.
Any better vids other than this or does that video pretty much some it up
?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Wow, that's one ugly UI. While it's impressive I don't really see it being very functional.
Tried this on windows 7 and so many run time errors. Now it will not load at all. This will be a serious contender for media player once they have developed it more.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
same here . To be fair I only opened it up once and uninstalled after the first error. mainly because it only seemed to be a core install and not the fancy interface in the video. It was pure curiosity anyway. One great view is not going to be satisfying after all the options you get used to using XBMC.
You needed to press the moovida beta icon at top right to get to that view. It confused me for a long while, but was a nice view being honest. If someone could develop something like that for XBMC then we would be laughing.

Eventually there will be a program that beats XBMC even if you have to pay for it, but Moovida does look pretty good.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Just to add to this be weary about this program. When I try and launch ie it is coming up with a box to allow moovida to do something. Full of obvious spyware.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
windows only?

bah..
MarkTaunton Wrote:You needed to press the moovida beta icon at top right to get to that view. It confused me for a long while, but was a nice view being honest. If someone could develop something like that for XBMC then we would be laughing.

Eventually there will be a program that beats XBMC even if you have to pay for it, but Moovida does look pretty good.

XBMC has been on top along time already...all other media center softwares are crap. Only one that`s even close is boxee but it uses xbmc as a base. I don`t think xbmc ever going to bee on second placeBig Grin
MarkTaunton Wrote:Just to add to this be weary about this program. When I try and launch ie it is coming up with a box to allow moovida to do something. Full of obvious spyware.

That was the clincher that prompted me to uninstall it so quickly. I hate software that adds any thing to the internet browsers. I seen no warning or checkbox while installing to inform me of it either.
looks pretty awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwZeuO9Nke8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebcTsxCU_p8

at CES 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNdbsLLeYuM
Looks pretty slick! Windows only makes it a no-go for me though.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The New Moovida0