[LIVE] - HP laptop with XBMC Live 10.0 Cant get HDMI output, only see's laptop Screen
Hi I am new to the world of XBMC and am very excited about using it to replace my XBOX 360 (Media Center extender).

I have instaled XBMC Live 10.0 onto a USB and plugged it into my HP Mini Atom/ION in the hope that I could plug the HDMI out of my HP mini into my TV and use my TV screen as the only video output. Unfortunately I have not had any luck getting it to output ot HDMI. The only options I have in the Video output section of the system settings are Monitor #1 which is the laptop screen or windowed. Now I assume here would be where I select the HDMI output. I have tried pressing the FN key with the "Screen" button on the keyboard but it does nothting. I have tried, plugging it before the laptop is turned on, I have tried unpplugging and plugging in etc.

Now I understand that the 'Live' install uses Linux Ubuntu, unfortunalty I do not have any experience with Linux.

The HDMI out works fine in windows.

I have searched and fould semi related topics and they seem to talk about the xorg.conf file. I am not too familiar with this, but my current understanding is that I would change some settings in there to make it work?

By the way the chipset is nVidia ION - MCP7A-ION

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Richard
Same problem here, except I have Lenovo G560 laptop. Any ideas how to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - HP laptop with XBMC Live 10.0 Cant get HDMI output, only see's laptop Screen0