[AppleTV2]Backup/restore questions
Hi everyone,

Have my ATV2 jalibroken and set up great with XBMC (Amazed by how well it works for first release) - have a couple of questions regarding backing up and restoring XBMC if I need to in the future, as I'm quite new to the XBMC scene.

- I have copied the XBMC directory from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC to my laptop for backup. Is this the only directory that needs to be backed up? Does it contain all the scraped content data/thumbnails/fanart etc. too or does that live somewhere else?

- If something happens and I need to restore/rejailbreak/tetherboot, does my XBMC get 'restored' by simply copying back that XBMC dir to the appropriate location on the ATV2? This is the bit I'm less certain of - in the event of a restore, what steps from the install guide http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2 would be unnecessary, and which wouldn't?

Thanks!
Good question, can anyone confirm what we need to backup to ensure if we have to do a clean update we can easily restore our current configs

I have my ATV right where I want it and XBMC too

Thanks all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]Backup/restore questions0