Hello again. As some of you may be aware, EqUiNoX and myself have resumed work together on Ellipsis after a year or two apart on separate projects. With the new version of XBMC codenamed Frodo, we decided the time was right to get Ellipsis back up-to-speed and completely usable again. We know more than most that Ellipsis, while looking and functioning great, severely lacks in some key areas, no PVR support, shockingly low amount of view types, no banner support, no recently added media functionality, etc. We're here to address these issues. Below is a list of items we're addressing currently, this list will be updated regularly, as well as this thread with updates as we go. Both myself and EqUiNoX will post regularly, with screenshots, videos, code snippets, of what we're doing. We'll try to be more transparent with our work this time too keep you guys in the loop.
So lets begin with Ellipsis 1.3 running in Frodo:
Now frequent users might notice two things different. The clock is now more streamlined and of course the dock button at the bottom is now half hidden in an attempt to claim back precious screen space for all the lovely new view types, recently added etc, etc. So this is the first look at what we're doing. We're going to post regularly as we say, we still want to hear what you guys have to say, what you're looking for and most importantly of all, what it will take to make you switch to Ellipsis permanently. Thank You.
Currently Change List:
- Scroll bars and improvements to speed of navigating large libraries in music, videos and pictures.
- View Types or lack of!
- Banner View Types
- Video OSD improvements involving navigation, layout and information available
- Increased label sizes for OnScreenKeyboard
- Animation Speeds for entering and exiting screens. Also Scrolling.
- Customisable home icons
- Recently added functionality
- Custom colours
- Extra fanart use
- More attention to the Music and Music Video Sections
- A slightly complicated settings section, maybe too similar to homescreen.