Xtreamer Ultra: Atom D525 & Ion2 SFF HTPC
http://www.xtreamer.net/Ultra/

they even have a comparison chart to the foxconn netbox barebone which is a little... amusing Wink

well, it's all about the price, and that is not yet revealed Nerd
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
"Xtreamer Ultra Price - 200 Euro" (with 4gb ram & remote, without wifi)
ZBOX HD-ID40 cost about 190 euro (without ram & without remote, with wifi & card reader)
it looks good, and pricewise I don't think it's expensive, but in the video it states
Quote:Internal 2,5" HDD
Bootable from
USB Flash OS
What does this mean?

EDIT: I just saw in the comparison chart,

Pre compiled USB Boot OS with kernel and drivers preconfigured: I don't like how that sounds..

And, by the way, does the ION 2 support audio bitstreaming other than AC3/Dolby Digital and DTS (as ION1)? I thought no...

their comparison chart is.. tricky?
That top/side looked very much like a chunky heatsink - but no, there is still a cooling fan inside - shame... XS35 still the top of the pack Smile
that XTREAMER company is know for lying to customers...

I really dont see how will they get this thing to BitStream HD audio at all....

My Advice, stay away.... build your own HTPC...
Xtreamer hasn't lied to customers, but Realtek lied to Xtreamer. There's a big difference.

The Xtreamer Ultra looks like a very good candidate for an XBMC HTPC.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:Xtreamer hasn't lied to customers

how will they get this thing to BitStream HD audio then??
eskro Wrote:how will they get this thing to BitStream HD audio then??
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ALC892 that is on the Xtreamer Ultra supports HD audio bitstreaming.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
guess we'll have to wait and see....
Many Media Players companies made broken promises to their customers
and thats mainly why i've stir'ed away from them... XTREAMER included...
I have a few more details:
  • The Xtreamer Ultra will be shipped with a bootable 'USB disk on key storage' that will already include nearly everything needed to get you up and running
  • Pre-configured drivers will be on the OS
  • The ALC892 sound chip will provide HD audio bitstreaming
  • The Xtreamer Ultra will come with a built-in IR and a pre-configured remote control
  • The remote will turn the Ultra on or off
but isn't the ION2 which has to support hd-audio bitstreaming??
This new product looks very promising ! To bad it doesn't have a SD slot... Why can't one just have it all Wink

The Xtreamer 2.0 is a great product with support for DTS-HD to bad about the story with the 1.0 version.. That wasn't really their fault.. but OK..

I would say two of my favorite company's combined together in one great product !

XtreamXBMC !
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
thing is, this NETTOP is nothing new in the mini-PC market...

I dont know, maybe if they went with the AMD ZACATE platform instead of ATOM....

I think they would have made a better choice....

Xtreamer Ultra will still choke on heavy duty Skins like AEON....
My Atom/ION box works fine with AEON Huh
I'm neither in the position to criticize xtreamer nor to praise them.
one thing i know is that they put much more effort in marketing than in development, but at least with this barebone nettop they can't fuck up the software as -let's face it- the customer is responsible for the software side.
my best guess for the pre-configured USB pen is some kind of linux distro with XBMC or just a more or less customized XBMC live iso.
the comparison with the foxconn is bullshit as the foxconn is first gen and the xtreamer ultra second gen atom&ion, they should have compared it to let's say the shuttle, but then again the xtreamer is not fanless.
one thing they did right is to integrate MCE-compatible IR-receiver and remote right out of the box with support for on/off operation and standby, and that's more than most other OEMs accomplished with their boxes.

I think the *real* competition will come from the AC Ryan Fluxx with intel CE4150 chipset, and that is gonna be an interesting fight as nobody knows what AC Ryan are going to preinstall on their box, but the feature list looks promising.

heck, every new HTPC barebone hardware is another option for us to choose, so I like the xtreamer thing. if live installs easily on it, I may even build some boxes for friends, the price is just about okay if the fan really is silent.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xtreamer Ultra: Atom D525 & Ion2 SFF HTPC0