Updating XBMC on ATV2
When there are new releases for XBMC on ATV2, what is the best to upgrade the software?
Through command line or from the ATV itself? If so how is it done?

When doing the upgrades it won't delete the current setup I have, like all my settings and mapped drive, etc?

Thanks.
just type

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

into your terminal, after ssh into it.
everything will stay unchanged except the software itself.
Is there anyone aware of how ATV Flash offers its updates? Will it warn us upon a new release of XBMC and offer to install it?
When you go into "maintenance" it will say something to the affect "upgrade" or "update" can't remember the exact words...
Thanks, that was helpful. Smile
Yeah, thanks a lot for your help.
no prob, also if you want to delete something from ATV2 (Like plex, couch surfer etc.) just select the app then click right on the apple remote and you'll have the option to delete said application.
I'm loving XBMC on my ATV2 so far and I've upgraded it via the terminal program for the stable releases and the unofficial builds that Keith has been posting. It's relatively painless and I don't mind doing it, but I'm curious why it cannot update itself from within the program. Skins can be updated and most other items, so why not the core program? Any thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating XBMC on ATV20