Help needed with Driver for AIM RC126
Hi,
I am trying to use an AIM RC126 remote but I can't install the IR receiver in XP Professional sp3 as a device because I haven't got the driver.

I have spent a few weeks reading here and other places and have tried lot's of suggestions but with no success. I have even gone into the device and got it's PID and VID ID's and added them to a irbus.inf file I downloaded and still no joy.

Could someone with on of these remotes tell me where to get the driver from?

I am sure that once I get the receiver installed I will be sweet from there in after all my research.

thanks in advance
Jon
The AIM RC126 is allegedly an eHome/RC6 remote so drivers are included in Windows. Actually it looks suspiciously like a Mediagate MG-IR02BK, though who rebadged whom I don't know :-)

Anyhow, modifying irbus.inf is probably the only way you'll get it to work. The simplest solution might be to switch to Windows 7 and try that.

JR
@JonS: This is really weird, i'm not sure who to blame as i had another thread about windows XP and IR receivers and Windows XP does not sound so good at all!

I see you have the RC126, Although i have the RC118 as you can see in the Wiki I checked AIM site before writing this part of the wiki section and they make them with a different button layouts but some people reported to me that they do not work Under Windows XP!

May be i should just write "avoid buying the Remote if you intend to use Windows XP", although they are labeled RC6 but Windows XP just cant make them work.

Like my friend JR said try windows 7, I have 3 sets of RC118 all running in windows 7 on the default Microsoft eHome driver perfectly.

EDIT: Double checked AIM website and its clearly stated under the RC126 and all their other HANDHOLD range: <-This is Required --->
Windows® 7 Home Premium, Windows® 7 Professional,Windows® 7 Ultimate and Windows® 7 Enterprise. Microsoft®Vista Home Premium or Ultimate

and WINDOWS XP is not listed, so it will not Work in XP.

Cheers,
EG.
I have done a stare and compare of the driver file with another USB device and have started to work it out. I now have the device installed but the enable / disable box in the device settings is greyed out and the PC is not reading the IR. I will keep trying as the cost of upgrading 5o windows 7 can't be justified.
To get the AIM RC126 running on XP I had to add the following line to the irbus.inf driiver file that I downloaded from somewhere (I can't remeber where I found it)

%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus, USB\VID_147A&PID_E03E&MI_00

I also needed to run Event Ghost

Jon
JonS Wrote:To get the AIM RC126 running on XP I had to add the following line to the irbus.inf driiver file that I downloaded from somewhere (I can't remeber where I found it)

%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus, USB\VID_147A&PID_E03E&MI_00

I also needed to run Event Ghost

Jon

Why do you need to run Eventghost? Is the Remote only listed as "HID-compliant consumer control device"?

Regards,
EG.
EG,
no it shows as a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver but I get absolutley no response without Event Ghost running.
Looking in Device Manager I have two "HID-compliant consumer control device" installed. I don't know what they are and I can disable both and everything still seems to work.

I am happy how things are working for me but am quite happy to test other scenarios for you if you like.

regards,
Jon

BTW. XBMC is the bees knees in the old XBox form and running on windows. Fantastic effort from all those involved.
JonS Wrote:EG,
no it shows as a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver but I get absolutley no response without Event Ghost running.
Looking in Device Manager I have two "HID-compliant consumer control device" installed. I don't know what they are and I can disable both and everything still seems to work.

I am happy how things are working for me but am quite happy to test other scenarios for you if you like.

regards,
Jon

BTW. XBMC is the bees knees in the old XBox form and running on windows. Fantastic effort from all those involved.

I see.

Unfortunately if no keypress is detected outside Eventghost then I do not think there is much we can do in windows Xp. its already a great effort from your side to make the remote work with Eventghost in XP. :-)

Cheers,
EG.
Hi Guys I have the the exact same problem, im tyring to get a RC126 remote to work with xp home 32bit.

I think I am missing something here as my device manager shows the IR as snowflake emulation and has not installed any drivers. I moded the Ibus information file to include

%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus, USB\VID_147A&PID_E017\C1025463

This was the details under device manager for the IR605.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but really hopefull that I can get this to work as JonS did. Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.
Can you try the remote on a friends Windows 7 PC and see if that detects it as an eHome remote? See the first section of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to tell if it's an eHome remote.

There are some remotes that only work on Win7 because XP doesn't recognise them.

JR
I have had it working before on my work laptop which has windows 7. I will check tonight what it comes up with in device manager but yes I think it came up with ehome remote detected last time I tried.

It is a Aim rc126 remote and ir605, it does say it will only work with Windows® 7 Home Premium, Windows® 7 Professional,Windows® 7 Ultimate and Windows® 7 Enterprise. Microsoft®Vista Home Premium or Ultimate

I was hopeful to get this working under xp like JonS has as I too dont want to fork out for windows 7 just yet.
http://it.megocollector.com/?p=8 might be of some help.

JR
I was looking at the exact same web page! i'll try that later and post the outcome.... fingers crossed
I tried adding the following to the irbus information file

%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus, USB\VID_147A&PID_E017\C1025463 ; Formosa21
%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus_V1, USB\VID_147A&PID_E017\C1025463 ; Formosa21
%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus_V2, USB\VID_147A&PID_E017\C1025463 ; Formosa21
%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus_RX, USB\VID_147A&PID_E017\C1025463 ; Formosa21

ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_147A&PID_E017\C1025463 ; Formosa21

No joy im afraid. Ill try it on a computer with xp SP2 but doubt it will make any difference.

Any other suggestions?
Right I manged to get the device rrecognised as a ehome infared receiver

I can see the IR receiver flashing as I press buttons, I just need to work out what to do with event ghost....

To get the IR working and drivers installed I removed the C1025463 from the lines I added.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with Driver for AIM RC1260