[AppleTV2] Running out of space...
Well i have about 1500 movies, and right now when i did a df, i am using 82% already of the drive, any plans to compress the database, i guess by the time i reach 2000 titles i am out of luck...

Regards,
Dude, there over 6GB of free disk space on the atv2.
When you're running low on disk space, it's not because of the XBMC-database! Rofl
Fire69 Wrote:Dude, there over 6GB of free disk space on the atv2.
When you're running low on disk space, it's not because of the XBMC-database! Rofl
The thumbnails can take up a lot of space however...
XBMC on Mac and 2 Apple TV 2's – Alaska Revisited – Drobo FS
Exactly.. everything is running fast but with only 6 gigs we can't store that much information...

Regards,
Soon once path sub is perfect we'll be able to do thumbnails remotely which I think will solve this issue. SMB writing should be enabled as well now.
I only have a couple of 100 movies at the moment (but thumbs from older deleted movies stay in your userdata also) and that takes up about 200MB.
So taking up 6GB will take a little more than 2000 movies, no?

Can't you check how much space just your userdata-folder is taking?
this should already work ... i use such a setup (mysql + thumbnails on samba share).
Fire69 Wrote:I only have a couple of 100 movies at the moment (but thumbs from older deleted movies stay in your userdata also) and that takes up about 200MB.
So taking up 6GB will take a little more than 2000 movies, no?

Can't you check how much space just your userdata-folder is taking?

2.5 gigs
Memphiz Wrote:this should already work ... i use such a setup (mysql + thumbnails on samba share).

Yeah i think that is the best way, but if my database is 700 megs, won't that take too long to load, it took 5 minutes to upload the database to AppleTV2 via FileZilla, after exporting it from Windows, so i was hesitated to install MySQL

Regards,
Memphiz Wrote:this should already work ... i use such a setup (mysql + thumbnails on samba share).
How can I mount a samba share in iOS? (and which database version is xbmc on atv 2 using?)
Thx.
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
@freaksworth

Its using the same database version as 10.0 dharma ... and you can't mount a samba share ... you have to substitute tha special://masterprofile/Thumbnail to your samba path ... see read from post #95 in this thread - for how to do that:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91485&page=10

@romster

Its not the whole database that gets transfered ... "only" the things that are needed for the current view in xbmc ... of course when listing your movies by title this will be much depending on the count of movies ...
ok, thanks...
(was asking because I have to use 2 databases atm, because I can not connect to my pre-11.0 db from my htpc, so no need for thumbnails yet, but nice way)
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
I now have two Apple TV 2's and also really want to host the database and thumbnails on my NAS. I don't want to leave a PC running to function as an MySQL server so I'm opting for the option to host the SQLite database on my NAS. I'm playing with the advancedsettings.xml but not successfully yet, but I want to see if I can figure it out on my own.

The thumbnail hosting however is something I have no idea where to begin. As I gathered from guides and forum post there are two methods. 1. include the fanart and thumbnails with the media or 2. create a symbolic link to the SMB share where the thumbnails are located. How do I create this symbolic link on my Apple TVs? Or is there another way?

EDIT:
mmmm feel really stupid now as someone who always tries the figure things out before asking. Memphiz gave the answer just two posts up :S
XBMC on Mac and 2 Apple TV 2's – Alaska Revisited – Drobo FS
R0MSTER Wrote:Well i have about 1500 movies, and right now when i did a df, i am using 82% already of the drive, any plans to compress the database, i guess by the time i reach 2000 titles i am out of luck...

Regards,

ROMSTER - with the df command you should see multiple filesystems such as

Apple-TV:~ root# df -k

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 768000 496680 263640 66% /
devfs 27 27 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6963256 662616 6300640 10% /private/var

Are you certain that,, with the high usage, you are not referring merely to disk0s1s1, as opposed disk01s2?
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 768000 352992 407328 47% /
devfs 27 27 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6963256 5748672 1214584 83% /private/var

Regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Running out of space...0