[AppleTV2] Running out of space...
I had 6GB of;

08:34:02 T:241700864 M: 86167552 ERROR: Seek - Error( -17498660027112344, 12, Cannot allocate memory )
08:34:02 T:241700864 M: 86167552 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 12, Cannot allocate memory )

in my xbmc.log.old - it's worth checking there too.
Fire69 Wrote:Dude, there over 6GB of free disk space on the atv2.
When you're running low on disk space, it's not because of the XBMC-database! Rofl

I actually ran out of space with 1000 files. It messed everything up. Even without fetching metadata and thumbs something is using up space. I have only 3gigs left and I don't fetch anything. In apt the deb archives are kept and so I have now removed those. I wonder if XBMC is storing stuff elsewhere?

Philip
pmcd Wrote:I actually ran out of space with 1000 files. It messed everything up. Even without fetching metadata and thumbs something is using up space. I have only 3gigs left and I don't fetch anything. In apt the deb archives are kept and so I have now removed those. I wonder if XBMC is storing stuff elsewhere?

Philip

du -h /
When I first started using XBMC on the ATV2, I played around quite a bit with different source paths and scraping methods. One of the things I noticed, is that cleaning the library didn't seem to clear out old databases or thumbnails. The result of this, was that my userdata folder quickly grew to over 2GB, even though with a clean scrape it only needs about 500MB.

I've since switched over to MySQL and remote thumbnails, but for those that want to keep it localized, it might be useful to do an export to a single file (to one of your shares, not the ATV itself), delete the Thumbnails and Database folders, and import from that. Doing that reclaimed 1.5GB for me, and really didn't take very long. (>1000 movies, >100 TV series)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Running out of space...0