[AppleTV2] Go back to v10.0-5?
Just upgraded my AppleTV2 to XBMC v10.0-7. SMB access no longer works, nothing I do will make it work. How do I go back to v10.0-5?

Alternatively, is there a fix for the smb issues? (I did search, I found one other person with the same problem but no solutions)

SMB access worked perfectly for me with v10.0-5. After upgrading, when I try to access my previously setup smb sources I get the following message:

Error
Operation timed out

followed by:

Remote share
Could not connect to network server

I've tried exiting xbmc and restarting it (several times). No change.
My workgroup is called DA_LAN and is correctly setup in XBMC. I have no WINS server entered. I've noticed something unusual while trying to solve this problem, I had a computer on my network that inadvertently had the default workgroup name of WORKGROUP. It was the only computer that appeared in the list when I browse for smb sources after upgrading to v10.0-7. I went and changed it to have the same workgroup name as my other computers (DA_LAN) and now nothing shows up when I browse for smb sources.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Under SSH on your ATV2:

Quote:apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Quote:wget h**p://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-5_iphoneos-arm.deb

If you don' have wget:

Quote:apt-get install wget

(do this in /private/var/mobile/ if possible, as there is more space here compared to the /)

Quote:dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-5_iphoneos-arm.deb

If there is an issue with 10.0-7, you should check your logs and report it to the dev (check xbmc.log in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log, and samba log in /var/log/samba/ )
Many thanks for the reply, I believe I've resolved the issue, the current version of XBMC doesn't seem to like the _ (underscore) in my workgroup name (I've been using DA_LAN for close to 10 years and this is the first problem I've had). Dropped the underscore, set XBMC and the computers to match and problem solved.
It's me who has the problem since 10.0-6, too.

I don't have any underscores in my workgroup name (it's WORKGROUP)...

But nobody seemed to be interested in my problem anymore. I posted my log but nobody answered or gave me any tips :-(

My thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94623

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Go back to v10.0-5?0