Need someone to confirm a bug with unknown/misnamed pictures in MP3 tags
Howdy!

After having a library scan on my ATV2 hang indefinitely on a specific folder, I decided to debug it myself. I got XBMC up and running in debug mode on Windows Vista/Visual Studio 2010 and was able to sort of recreate it - instead of hanging, a windows error dialog was displayed, stating "Not a valid TIFF file." I have a feeling that the dialog is a bug, and might be the reason my ATV is hanging. The dialog displayed after xbmc attempts to figure out the image type of an image within an mp3 tag. The image extension is PNG, but XBMC isn't able to read it as a PNG file and tries to load it as any other format (jpg, bmp, etc). Most of the format loaders just return false when the image fails to load, but the TIFF class raises an error through a Win32ErrorHandler.

Could someone try a Scan to library on this file and confirm that the scan does indeed hang forever?

If this is the wrong forum, I apologize.
Your analysis of the problem seems bang on. Please open a trac ticket and attach the file so we don't need to jump through mediafire.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need someone to confirm a bug with unknown/misnamed pictures in MP3 tags0