help with ir6 and harmony remote plz
hey guys,
i started setting up my 4th xbmc machine and decided to try linux 8)

i took and ubuntu 10.4 minimal on a old 939 with a 4200+ 2gb ram and a gt 210 with a 750gb hd

the install worked pretty nice even if im really new to linux Wink

i followed this guide:

and got xbmc started out of the box,
added aeonmq2 skin, a shared folde to dump my background jpges and stuff from a win 7 machine

then i tried to get my harmony 650 with the ir6 stick im using on my zbox hd11(win7).

the harmony is programmed to the MCE Keybord layout wich works perfect on win7

another one will be bought for that "new" rig if i can get the old one working Wink

i tried this and this guide and read many more but i just cant get any response when trying the "irw" command.

im using a "Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. eHome Infrared Reciever"
and cant figure out how i can get it working...

the lirc thread didnt help, the idea with the input lirc didnt do anything at all xD and im always missing the folder

/etc/conf.d like it was asked for..

these commands dont work because of "missing pointer"
sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb
sudo cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

the only thing wich works as a remote is my android phone at the moment Sad

i hope anyone can help me!
anyone an idea??
I have a Rosewill RRC-126 which shows up in lsusb as a Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. eHome Infrared Reciever.

It wouldn't work for me at all. I did the following: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal...%20remotes

I had to make minor changes to the instructions. They were working with LIRC 0.8.3-pre1 and the current release version on 10.04 is 0.8.6 so there are minor changes in directory names. However, taking that into account I was able to get it working no problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with ir6 and harmony remote plz0