XBMC crashes playing MKV
As said in the title, playing MKV, XBMC crashes and audio only comes back after a reboot. Been searching through the forum to no avail.

I cant post the complete log here, but i have it.
Zeppo Wrote:As said in the title, playing MKV, XBMC crashes and audio only comes back after a reboot. Been searching through the forum to no avail.

I cant post the complete log here, but i have it.

ive got the same probem. posted yesterday and no one have answered Sad
Weel, that at least shows I suck at the searching!
You can use pastebin.com for the log.
And heres the log:

http://pastebin.com/XPFKdQVM
Hi all,

I've the same problem but it seems that xbmc crashes with some mkv but not all (I don't think if I'm clear, excuse my english)

I also must to reboot to have sound back Sad
I am also experiencing a crash playing large mkv. The file is 1.5GB and only plays for a few minutes before a crash. Other smaller mkv's in the range of 750 to 1GB play fine.
Am thinking I have a similar problem running the XBMC software on my AppleTV G2. The first show works fine for 60 minutes approximately. then I start up watching a second show and XBMC will completely crash after 50 minutes of the 60 minutes. I get kicked out of XBMC back to my "finder" menu application on the AppleTV G2.

It is like the queing function of XBMC either can not handle fast streams (too much information coming in) or maybe too slow streams (too little coming in), and then just stops XBMC.
Seems this is the best discussion on this issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93514

bottom line. use a good UPnP solution server application. hard wire your AppleTV G2. make sure your network is not bouncing betwen multiple clients. make sure your movies are transcoded (via Handbrake or other app) to as low a resolution and bitrate encoding as possible.

else buy the Blueray version and a Blueray player.
Using a nightly build now, no more problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes playing MKV0