Subtitles MKV Apple TV
I can't get the subtitles to show up correctly that are embedded in a MKV. AVIs with external sub files seem to work fine. i have 2 MKVs i've been trying this with they work fine on my PC with VLC,XBMC and i can change and disable them. but on the apple tv/iPad XBMC the subs do not work. i've tried to disable them and enable them and change the subtitle track and nothing seems to work. I did click on the download subtitles option once and it made the subtitles appear for one line but then it went away and the movie kept going but the subs didn't. I'm not sure what to do. I've made sure i'm up to date on the release on both ipad and apple tv. any help would be amazing

thanks
It's a known issue, embedded subs don't show up.
Scotta2700@gmai Wrote:I can't get the subtitles to show up correctly that are embedded in a MKV. AVIs with external sub files seem to work fine. i have 2 MKVs i've been trying this with they work fine on my PC with VLC,XBMC and i can change and disable them. but on the apple tv/iPad XBMC the subs do not work. i've tried to disable them and enable them and change the subtitle track and nothing seems to work. I did click on the download subtitles option once and it made the subtitles appear for one line but then it went away and the movie kept going but the subs didn't. I'm not sure what to do. I've made sure i'm up to date on the release on both ipad and apple tv. any help would be amazing

thanks

Disabling hardware Acceleration should cause them to display; However, chances are it won't play very well without it.
I've got dozens of .mkv files with embedded subtitles that play fine. I guess it must be a different type/format of subtitle.
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:I've got dozens of .mkv files with embedded subtitles that play fine. I guess it must be a different type/format of subtitle.

What kind of subtitles cold you get to play? I rip my DVDs to MKV with Handbrake and embed the DVD subtitles. Those are quite crucial to me. (at this moment I don't have an ATV2 but plan to buy in 2-3 month and want to use it with XBMC).

Thanks,
Attila
I'm not sure. VLC just reports the subtitle stream as 'Text subtitles with various tags' and I... Uhm... Didn't encode them myself.
they're prob not SSA subtitles which are much "fancier"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles MKV Apple TV0