Rowmote Pro? Has anyone tried it??
I was looking though the programs listed in nitotv, one of them being rowmote helper. From the looks and sound of it, it should support XBMC and keyboard input from within the app. Has anyone actually tried it?

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the app. Rowmote pro works perfectly! Keyboard input and all!
I just bought it a couple of days ago (Pro version). I've used it a few times and it works pretty well so far. Pretty much the same as the Apple Remote, but of course you don't have to have line-of-sight. The keyboard is very nice for naming shares, etc.

Only one minor annoyance- when you quit out of XBMC and go back to the ATV2 dash, it loses connection for a few seconds (it tells you though).
slappula Wrote:I just bought it a couple of days ago (Pro version). I've used it a few times and it works pretty well so far. Pretty much the same as the Apple Remote, but of course you don't have to have line-of-sight. The keyboard is very nice for naming shares, etc.

Only one minor annoyance- when you quit out of XBMC and go back to the ATV2 dash, it loses connection for a few seconds (it tells you though).

The keyboards works in XBMC?
I'm the developer of Rowmote Pro and happy to answer any questions you might have.

With the newly released ATV2 plugin, it does indeed support full navigation (including accessing contextual menus by holding Menu and the Play/Info bar by holding Play while media is active) and keyboard entry in XBMC - as above.

slappula: Unfortunately, the AppleTV app (sometimes called 'lowtide' by the ATV2 development community) that manages the 'dash' is quit-and-restarted as XBMC quits; since this is also the app to which Rowmote Pro connects via the Rowmote Helper plugin, a temporary disconnect is unavoidable in that setting. It should be just a flicker, though Smile
Is there any reason why there is not a select button distinct from play/pause?

(Just purchased today)

Thanks,

jason
Fire69 Wrote:The keyboards works in XBMC?

Yes, it does!
@evands - Thanks for the explanation. I figured there had to be a good reason for it Smile I've had the regular version for a while and really liked it. I just didn't use it enough to justify purchasing the Pro version. The XBMC support pushed me over the edge. Thanks for a great app and keep up the good work!
bought the app a couple of days ago and it works pretty smooth. Ty
evands Wrote:I'm the developer of Rowmote Pro and happy to answer any questions you might have.

With the newly released ATV2 plugin, it does indeed support full navigation (including accessing contextual menus by holding Menu and the Play/Info bar by holding Play while media is active) and keyboard entry in XBMC - as above.

Hi Evands,

I am very interested, but everything I read about your app, says its for original ATV. You mention a newly released ATV2 plugin... where does one find that plugin? Is it part of XBMC, part of your app?

I also want to know how does one differentiate on your app between the 2 separate buttons on the ATV2, the big Select button, and the Play/Pause button.

Many thanks,

H.
hernandito Wrote:Hi Evands,

I am very interested, but everything I read about your app, says its for original ATV. You mention a newly released ATV2 plugin... where does one find that plugin? Is it part of XBMC, part of your app?

I also want to know how does one differentiate on your app between the 2 separate buttons on the ATV2, the big Select button, and the Play/Pause button.

Many thanks,

H.

I hope the Developer don't
Mind but I'm going to answer a few of your questions. If you look under nitotv on your apple tv 2, and look under install software there will be rowmote helper. Install it, download the app and away you go! Yes, it does work with atv 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rowmote Pro? Has anyone tried it??0