MCE Remote Back Button - Half Fixed
Hi Guys,

I read through the stickys.

I got Event Ghost loaded and was able to solve the problem of the back button not working when playing a video.

In Event Ghost i put the MceRemoteBack button to the Show Video Screen Area. And that solved the back issue.

But now it has caused an extra problem.

When I'm in Music or any other area of XBMC and if i press the back button it goes to the Video Screen.

So what i thought of doing is put MCERemoteBack button to Show Video Screen, Show Music Screen and all the other menus.

But when i load XBMC and press the back button the program cracks the s$(ts

Im so close to getting my issue resolved.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Guys
It sounds as if you're using an eHome/RC6 remote, in which case you don't need Eventghost. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for details.

JR
I don't use event ghost so I can't help you there but I have an eHome receiver and I know in some situations back works in other I have to use the clear key on the bottom of the numpad (like escape) to get out of something.
Hi Guys thanks for responses.

I do not have "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" in my device manager so my remote is not a R6 one i think.

Anyways I dont understand what i am doing wrong.

The back tags in the remote.xml all point to ParentDir or PreviousMenu.

So shouldnt that mean when i press the back button it should go back.

When i use eventghost on the other hand there is no back button configuration option, hence the reason why i mapped my back button to the previous menu event. As i mentioned earlier it worked but now everytime i press back in any part of xbmc it goes to the video menu.

Even more confusing is that RC6 is on the back of the remote which would mean i have an RC6 remote. So have i accidently deleted the Microsoft ehome infrared transeiver from my device manager.

Ohh god this is soo confusing. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.
Sorry my fault guys. The receiver was not plugged in. I can see it in the device manager lol.

I will check out the link jshrennie posted above.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Back Button - Half Fixed0