LG Blu-Ray internal drive not working
Hi all - I have an LG Blu-Ray internal drive - XBMC wont play BVDs or DVDs. An inserted disc shows up on the list (the disc title) but will not play. However, I have a 2nd second drive... a Sony internal DVD drive that works perfectly.

Does XBMC simply not recognize Blu-Ray drives - or is there switch, setting, or patch to enable play back?

Best regards, E
Bluray discs it cannot play.....Would you please post a debug log so that we can see what is going on in your build.
I'd be glad to however I do not see an easy method to add an attachment and the log is too large to paste in line. How can I get you the info you need?

-E-
EdNygma Wrote:I'd be glad to however I do not see an easy method to add an attachment and the log is too large to paste in line. How can I get you the info you need?

-E-

Put the log on pastebin.com and post the link to it here.

JR
Thanks - here tis...
http://pastebin.com/cRU9PiU0
which drive letters do your blu-ray and dvd drives have? Does the dvd drive by any chance come before the blu-ray drive. I had the situation where the automatic detection of xbmc would only work on the first (lowest drive letter) optical drive on the system.
Interesting point...

Physically - the BD is primary over the DVD
in Windows - The Sony DVD drive is D:, the LG BD-ROM is G:

Does your LiteOn work in XBMC (either BVDs or DVDs)?

...update

I changed the assigned drive letters - and voila - works - both types of media. DVD loads and starts automatically (per auto start setting), BVD loads and starts PowerDVD automatically (per a patch described in another post).

Thanks you so much for the tip!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG Blu-Ray internal drive not working0