HDD (SSD!) Advice mkII
ok following on from my other post (and some great advice) -

I have done a bit more reading (poofyhairyguys hdd postsfor starters!) and done a complete u turn!

Looks like I will build a htpc based around the zotac mini ND-22 box and a 32gb ssd. it sound like this will keep noise/heat to a minimum with maximum 'snappiness' Smile. I will get a proper nas separately in the future and use an exiting (single drive DLINK313) nas for storage for now (which means no backups for a while.. but willing to risk it!). Its all connected via ethernet so presumably it will be fast enough to stream hd (not sure if its Cat5/Cat5e or 6 as the apartment was pre wired - I will test tonight)?

so couple (more) quick qs -
I can choose between these drives for around the same price any advantage of one over the other? any issues with them?
[note links for illustration only I need to get them from nother retailer and are different price]

OCZ OCZSSD2-1ONX32G

Corsair 32GB NOVA Series Solid State Drive CSSD-V32GB2-BRKT

also - I will also temporarily make use of local external storage via the esata port - I have never used eSata before - presumably its the same as with usb enclusures? Are they generally powered or do they need to be powered with usb/external?

Any last comments before I go for it Smile

thanks again,,
Afraid I can't answer the SSD questions, but I can tell you that your PC will see an eSata drive as if it were connected over regular sata, not USB. The enclosure will simply act as a Sata passthrough and provide power to the drive.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDD (SSD!) Advice mkII0